mikky

i posted an earlier thread about me moving to bt infinity and then cancelling it due to poor reviews ( some good ones to be fair ) enough for me to have doubts.

my lad suggested we get sky tv,any comments good or bad appreciated,would like it to include broadband

cheers....mikky

had sky tv and their phone and broadband package for a few years and it never misses a beat :)

Changed full supply pack to Sky last year and very happy except the phone bit, find it very confusing which 08 numbers are included because if you get it wrong the charges are a rip off on purpose.

Got Sky but phone is with BT and broadband is with BT Infinity. No probs at all but then I'm not in a totally rural area. HID likes the animal programs and watches them hour after hour to the extent that if I have to listen to those bl##dy Elephants of Amboselli one more time I think I am going to throw something at the damn screen.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

We have just gone with sky, lots of repeats and they will tell you anything to get you to sign up, you will all so need to up grade the package that they are advertising as most of what they have you will not be able to access. The so called sky team are only helpful when you are going with them, once they have you for the year they do not want to know. When we said that we did not have the channels that we were told we would have they went back to the recorded sales pitch when it was being sold to us and then gave us a whole five pounds off our bill.

Chris ,

For several years i had Sky+ and in the space of around 1.5 years i went through 4 digiboxes as they just kept packing up.Despite you having several hundred channels you'll never watch 3/4 of them as they're crud and if you have the movies which i always did they're constantly repeated over and over.

However,i like the simplicity of Sky+ compared to Virgin Tivo which i now have,but since im not a fan of the Murdoch empire i cant see me returning just yet.

Used to be with Sky for TV and BT for phone and internet. The internet was diabolically slow, getting at most 1.5 meg download speed. Didn't have any problems with Sky though. Enquired with Virgin, mainly because of the internet, was offered a deal for the complete package, which we took.

However, we had problems with the TV from the start. The installer put in the first Tivo box, it was faulty - as was the second. The third and his last did work.

Since then we had problems with pixellation, BBC iplayer and other on demand services locking out and the same happening with Youtube on the TV.

Complained six times about this and the first five times I had an Asian sounding person on the other end saying that they can check between them and the green box and there does not appear to be a problem. The last occaision, the call centre put me through to the technical department and spoke to a guy with Scottish accent who told me this is normal and happens at certain times of the day. At no time did they offer to send an engineer out.

Now after 18 months, we are back on Sky and managed an excellent deal because the old equipment we have is still current. Just connected up our end and the Sky people switched us on and we had Sky TV within an hour of making that first phone call.

As for internet and phone, gone back to BT as we now have infinity in the area and will be connected next week. Also have the advantage of Openzone and Fon.

Can some one tell me, I was under the impression that, with a few exceptions, there are only two national organisations who have country wide cableing - BT and Virgin and that if you sign up with Sky broadband or any one else such as Talk Talk, that you will be using BT cableing. Am I correct or not?

Its just that something in a previous thread had me thinking.