Roosting whats your biggest bag ??

Sx3 clay breaker

Me and my lad picked up 36 last saturday from 2 oclock till 4 oclock when we ran out of cartridges, we shot just over 100 cartridges between us, we had at least another 5 birds down as after 3 days beating in a row, i'd left my cocker at home so couldn't pick them all. It was the best roosting i've had.

Whats the chance of them coming in as hard t.moro!!!!

Straight shooting Lads+Lasses..Kev

Generally around 20 per roost did have a couple of 40's a couple of years back but not so many people tend to go out now so they don't keep moving as much

Generally around 20 per roost did have a couple of 40's a couple of years back but not so many people tend to go out now so they don't keep moving as much

hope you have a good roost scott. if it's like our roost tonight the best sport was between 3.30pm and 5.15pm. the key to a good night is having guns in every local wood to keep the birds moving. get your back against a tree with the wind behind you and enjoy.[and wear some gloves, freezing fingers.]

When I was 12 years old (over 40 years ago) I was shooting with an air rifle as pigeon roosted in a small wood, I noticed many were flying passed heading for the disused aircraft hanger right next to it. Being 12 years old I got into the hanger some days later and bagged 53 on my first roost and have never bettered it since. I shot many hundreds in the wood and hanger over the years taking friends on what I considered "My Permission" lucky the Plod never knew.

Fortyfive twelve years ago with the trusty old hammer gun, right place at the right time the pigeon were thick on a newly sown field beside the wood I had drawn at one of our club shoots. Its a record which still stands on the club trophy for the largest bag. This despite many more better shots than me being club members. As said earlier right place right time.

We had a former member who on the same estate as above came in with over 70. Now if the entire membership shoot 70 its a good day, definately fewer pigeon around here this past five years.

Blackpowder