Peugeot Partner cold starting problem

tikka.223

I may have missed something here,,I dont know but has the OP checked for a live at the plugs,,,but I suspect fuel drain back in the fuel system.

Most common culprit will be the filter housing,they have a built in primer whitch draws air when they get old.Trust me I know

atb Jim.............citroen technician est 1992

I should add easy way to diagnos this is to give the hand primer a pump till it goes hard and see of she starts better,,,,if Its really bad you will see bubbles/deisel around the base of the primer

Edited by beerdeor

I should add easy way to diagnos this is to give the hand primer a pump till it goes hard and see of she starts better,,,,if Its really bad you will see bubbles/deisel around the base of the primer

You may have something here,I pumped the primer and after about 15-20 pumps the the primer wasnt firm and there was a little diesel around the bottom of the primer,not alot just damp.

I take it this and the fuel filter housing are one piece?Any ideas on cost for a replacement item?

Most have taken it has heater plugs or Reley because he states this problem has only started since the very cold weather.

But now saying 15 -20 pumps of the hand primer before it gets hard it is diesel fall back.

As said the most common problem is the fuel filter housing gets warped and lets air in over night.

You could try putting a new fuel filter on with a bit of grease round the top to get a better seal.

Easy test is in the morning open the bonnet pump the hand primer till it`s hard then try and start it.

If it starts has it should then thats the problem.

It could be a fuel line letting air in but the filter housing is the most common.

A new filter head are about £100. Second hand ones are not really advised they are usually ******.

Another bit of a quick fix is to fit a none return (one way fuel line valve) in the fuel line before the fuel filter.

If it stops the fall back and starts better it gives you time to shop around for a new filter head.

Hope this helps.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Also check Battery under load I had this problem with my bobtail

I had my battery like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QiKyjWWiRo&list=PLC3D53EBD790DDA9C&index=2

and it showed that the battery was knacked, but on the charger she was showing a full charge.

I went on ebay and bought the highest rated CCA battery I could find and bingo she started sweet as a nut.

Edited by straightshooter1

At last someone listened to me. It common fault on the cars. You must get a genuine part. Otherwise you will be no better off. The fit is not as good on non genuine. Try a new primer bulb. But it can also be the connections each side of bulb. So a new section of fuel line required. There not dear though.

At last someone listened to me. It common fault on the cars. You must get a genuine part. Otherwise you will be no better off. The fit is not as good on non genuine. Try a new primer bulb. But it can also be the connections each side of bulb. So a new section of fuel line required. There not dear though.

Can the bulb be bought on its own and how much for OE part?

My merc vito was like this 3 years running every winter it would not start until the sun got on it,garage put new battery on the first year,second year they changed glow plugs and battery,it still struggled to start as soon as it got icy,took it to the 4x4 place i take the landrover and they changed an injecter, BINGO starts first flick every time.