Why do some people find it so hard to be straight?

ironhorse

If you don't like the set up at a farm, then you are not obligated to go there.

All farmers have problems counting pigeons and rabbits, its a bit like double vision , only a lot worse.

I just smile and nod. :yes:

not as liberal when it comes to counting there pennies though :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no problem with setting up in the middle of a field, but in a way i can see where ironhorse is comeing from, a couple of years ago i had a call from a farmer saying he had about a thousand pigeons hammering his rape so i ended up in the end wasting time taking two days off work and two weekends there and didn't see more than 100 at the very most, and i doubt very much there was ever a thousand there ,there was hardly any damage or droppings under the trees. What ****** me off was i could have been on some fields not to far from me that did have loads on. Seems to me you cant say a bad word about farmers without everyone jumping down your throat. The sun don't shine out of all their *****. I do still shoot on the farm i mentioned but i do take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Well said that man.

how can anyone complain,,if your not happy then dont go, the last two times i,ve been to one of my perms we have only shot 1 bird between two of us,but just to be out is what its about,,its winter and they are very skittish,,

certainly dont complain when i get 100+ bags in the warmer months

why dont you just stop going and let the farmer sort someone else out to shoot it,, if its that bad ???, believe me there will be plenty waiting to fill your shoes

If you arrive at a field without any hedge/cover and plonk a hide down pigeons will veer away, they need time to get use to this new item that was not there before, so it is a good idea to have your hide up for at least a couple of days before you plan to shoot, it’s not a case of you need cover to set up a hide if you have cover then you have not altered the aria pigeons happy.

And there i was thinking that you'd posted that you were an experienced pigeon shooter! Care to admit you're wrong about this, yet?