A Re-Introduction & Explanation - Wakefield, W Yorks

Firstly please excuse the length of this post, but it is important I cover everything I want to say.

I have been a member on this forum for some time, though I have had a sabbatical for the last 12 months give or take.

During my last stint on here, I met many great members in person, I butted heads occasionally in posts and I spoke my mind where appropriate.

I left the forum due to circumstances which I will detail below, but I wanted to throw myself upon the members here to assist me in my return to shooting.

So, why did I leave..?

I left as my personal circumstances meant I could not shoot anywhere near as regularly as I liked, I also required money of which I had invested heavily in shooting paraphernalia.

You see, my wife is a serving Police Officer in W Yorks and moved from 9-5 day shifts, Mon-Fri to full blown shift pattern as part of the Ops Support Unit. This resulted & still does to a degree in my limited availability to shoot. We have a son who enjoys his sport and so it meant that I was the “responsible” parent for taking him to the events.

I am a Sales Manager and I travel extensively as some on here know. I have delivered things, collected things and tried to help fellow members where I can.

Well now I want to get back out there shooting!!

I previously shot with a couple or three members on here, but I don’t want to get directly in contact with them asking to shoot as there partner again. This after 12 months absence I felt would just be rude and inappropriate.

So as I don’t get the “get yourself out & find your own permission” statements, I want to make it clear I have not sat on my **** and not expected the world to do it for me.

Over the last 2 years, I created a database of over 250 farms within 90 minutes’ drive of Wakefield where I live. I wrote to them all every 3 months either with a letter or flyer enclosing a business card. In addition I have approached over 35 farms locally in person to seek permission & finally I was a member of NPCC for a year.

I should point out that as far as I am aware I didn’t contact any farms I had visited with other members, I made a specific point of weeding those out.

The total result of many £££’s being spent was nothing other than a few days on NPCC land. My contact with farmers was that of either “sorry already got people”, “not right now” or “nah, do it myself”. So it is not as if I have sat back and not tried.

My last letter to a select 75 farmers even offered a financial incentive, although only mediocre, it was a genuine offer. Sorry to those that object to paying farmers, but I really wanted to get something of my own to shoot on.

I have continued to search the adverts in magazines and internet for small syndicates but again to no avail.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my kit, and this will take me a little while.

So, here I am now; what am I looking for?

Well I’m hoping someone will give me the opportunity to go out with them from time to time, not looking to acquire anyone’s permission either; that is just not me.

I can’t shoot every week and I can only shoot weekends or evenings, but I am prepared to supply the cartridges of whoever takes me out and assist them where I can. Not saying I will give you the most expensive shells out there, but they won’t be the bottom of the range either.

My shooting skills are average at best, I do my best and I shall be continuing to practice on clays over the coming months. I am a BASC member and I had my lessons at Park Lodge.

I regard myself as enthusiastic and keen.

So there you go, a bit of self-flagellation and honesty. So if anyone wants to invite me in the coming months, please PM me. Those that are unable to, not a problem and I wish you the best.

In the meantime I will continue to seek out my own opportunities.

Thank you all for taking time to read this post. :good: :good:

Go on then

i will give you a go,liked the story and was always told i was a big softie.

So ive got permission on over 20 farms with good shooting to be had and lots of sat looking shooting to be had.

The cost is nowt and you dont have to buy my shells, if we have a good day a beer on the way home would do nicely.

I am 15-20 mins from Wakefield(or the land is)so pm your details and we will see what we can sort out.

Atb

Fielddweller

Welcome back Spiderdude,

Great way of asking to shoot with those with permission, loads better than the other requests, can't offer you anything myself, as I don't have permission or ever looked for it myself, as I don't have time to offer it a I would deem fit, but if I had I would offer you it too

Good luck

Go on then

i will give you a go,liked the story and was always told i was a big softie.

So ive got permission on over 20 farms with good shooting to be had and lots of sat looking shooting to be had.

The cost is nowt and you dont have to buy my shells, if we have a good day a beer on the way home would do nicely.

I am 15-20 mins from Wakefield(or the land is)so pm your details and we will see what we can sort out.

Atb

Fielddweller

Nice one mate.

this is the way to ask newbies not just buy a gun and ask within 5 posts for a free ride out land is so hard to get there s loads at this hope you get sorted fella something will drop your way im sure with your attitude

atb swiss

:good:

Nice one fielddweller. This kind of selfless act always shows me why this is such a great bunch on this forum. Best of luck with your shooting.

• 2 weeks later...