Lanber Gone Bust !

WezC

i was speaking to a dealer yester day, he assured me they havent gone bust but they are no longer importing guns to the uk as an increase in importation costs has risen by approximately £150, so a new lanber would then set you back £1100ish, people would just by a beretta instead for an extra £100 you could have a silver pigeon 1! this guy deals with GMK!

Edited by fabarm gamma boy

i was speaking to a dealer yester day, he assured me they havent gone bust but they are no longer importing guns to the uk as an increase in importation costs has risen by approximately £150, so a new lanber would then set you back £1100ish, people would just by a beretta instead for an extra £100 you could have a silver pigeon 1! this guy deals with GMK for beretta and lanber!

Why would there be importation costs for trading within the EU ???

not sure why they went bust uncompetitive but some of the crud ( autos particularly) are rubbish! At least hatsan are honest and not trying to hide/ride on someone else's past glory.......it's a shame venom couldn't make it work, simple answer is market was too small they didn't move with the times and beretta/browing swallowed the mid range clay market and AYA the mid level game market. Like most brittish industry it was too uncompetitive look at the rest of our manufacturing.

Yes there were a lot of problems with the auto's but they have been dis continued now, the whole Webley range now is a new range of guns being made under the Webley name, but they are not the old Webley company, Webley and Scott is nothing more than a name now.