Hungarian Vizsla

fergie

that last pic looks like he has an issue at the bottom of his ears looks good other than that.

What makes you think that...can you point it out a little better.....because I can't see nothing wrong in the last picture...then again its hard to judge/notice an imperfection with a picture

You mean the end on the ears wet?????

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they aren't wet though the line isn't straight across them and its patchy, if the first pics were earlier and this has come on then thats something not very nice. Unless the pictures are showing it wrong that looks like something that could spread to the rest

Braco_zps8db5e98d.jpg

Al4x

they aren't wet though the line isn't straight across them and its patchy, if the first pics were earlier and this has come on then thats something not very nice. Unless the pictures are showing it wrong that looks like something that could spread to the rest

Braco_zps8db5e98d.jpg

Those are wet ears...either he just had a drink or been running

fair doos its the picture in that case round here ears dipped in water have a straight line across them as thats what water does under gravity. It was only mentioned as we have a collie here at the moment with ears looking like that and its definitely not water

lol thanks Mark maybe one day, my 2 year old Bracco is just calming down, be a while before this guy does!! She is brilliant on Game but if theres a deer around I cant stop her, got to work on that one hard!!!

Alex the ears were sopping, he hasnt sussed out how to drink without flooding the house yet!!! cold wet soppy bracco ears round the face are a pleasure not to be missed!!!

384569_10150910896690251_1579129166_n.jpg

This is my 2 year old, Mark where did you use Braccos? Ive never known a gundog with such an acute nose. When Im feeding my snakes she goes up to the racking systems and nudges the draws to tell me which snakes havent eat thier dinner and she can scent a deer, of any type from a mile away and the hearing is mega acute.

581656_10152602362985251_1902136929_n.jpg

Hi All

I've got a 7 month old Male Vizsla and have just started to whistle train him (not 100% sure what I'm doing) for the last week and training him with a dummy. My dad mainly shoots pigeons on a farm and want to use him to retrieve them and wondered what scent I can use on the dummy, if any ?

Thanks

post-4752-0-86146000-1362950292_thumb.jpg

Theres no need to use a scent on the dummy at all, work him on the dummy for a couple more months, blind retrieves and sight retrieves etc, when you shoot your first pigeon make sure he is watching, and send him to find it, i almost guarantee hell just go and get it if hes sees it come down, its built into them.

if you really want you could put a couple of pigeon wings on a dummy and then put a piece from a ladies tights over the top to hold them in place so he gets used to the scent, but im betting it wont be necessary!!!

I use verious different textures im my dummies so they feel different resistance, ie beans, sand, one made of rabbit skin, a plastic one and my dummy launcher is rubber and shaped like a rugby ball.

is he used to the noise of a gun yet?

Yes he is a smart looking dog alright :good:

My Wire Viz is only 8 months and is still very puppyfied, so take your time with him, there is no hurry pal.

Thanks Dave.

He's still like a little puppy most of the times, it's going to be hard work but worth it in the long run, I hope ;)

i love mine to bit, but i chose it due to its temperment as its primararly a house pet. hes nearly 2 and just had his balls snipped off so a bit pent up with 10 days of no running.

couldnt ask for a nicer dog, but they do require allot of time, more so then other dogs i would say, they like to be by you all the time around the house, very rarely will he go in another room if were not in there.

would love to bring on his hunting but for me it is secondary and i dont mind admitting that here at all :) will get pics up later