Catton rifle shoot meet weekend 8th/9th june 2013

SPARKIE

After last years amazing weekend at catton hall we have decided to arrange another weekend again with carl at catton rifle sports.

The only date i can get this year tho is the weekend of 8th/9th june 2013 due to catton allready being booked up with other events.

So i know a few of you guys are allready interested in coming again for another fun packed weekend of beer,bbq,and rifle shooting and poss a bit of clay bashing.

please pm me to let me know if you can make it and i need to take full payment in advance to go towards the booking of the hall as i did last year. (There will be no pay on the day facilities)

The layout will be as it was last year but we can now cater for airgunners aswell.

It's open to members on here and excusive to us and you can bring friends/non pw members who want to shoot

Again We can meet up and set camp on the Friday if anyone wants to stay over or drive down the day before the shoot starts and have a few beers ready for the shoot on the sat/Sunday as a lot did last year.

The area we will be staying is in the beautiful grounds of Catton hall its very rural and doesn't have any wash facility's but were going to get a couple of portaloo's in to use. this is a very rural setting with woods and rolling hills and looks stunning there's a pub about a mile away and shops 2mile away but im sure if its like bisley most people will bring enough food and drink to feed an army.

The shoot is going to consist of 2 days of shooting sat/sunday.

1.full bore rifles out to 400 yards (Carls going to run a small comp with a small prize to the winner. it will be free entry to those who have paid to shoot rifles)

2.rimfire rifle out to 150yrds there is some 200yrds targets for the .17hmr shooters and im sure we could arrange a 300yrd target.... ohmy.gif

3.There's going to be a airgun set up in the wood with knockover targets and stuff set up.

4.Clay pigeon shoot last year just consisted of us taking a lot of clays on the Sunday and those that wanted to shoot them worked the manual traps between ourselves and had a good morning.

5. woodland stalk for rifles with deer targets/fox's set up amongst the trees. shooting from stalking sticks

The costs;

Camping is £5 per person for the weekend this will go towards portaloos.

Full bore Rifle/rimfire/air rifle/woodland stalk £20 a day £40 for the weekend.

Clay shoot I'm just asking people to chuck a £10 in the pot to buy clays as i already have 4 bowman traps we can use.(dependent on how much interest i get will determine how many clays i can get.

We can cater for Airguns as we have some knockovers and targets that can be set up nr the edge of the wood or embankments.

Airgun shooting will be priced at £5 a day

so how many of you guys would be interested in a rifle shooting meet to replace Bisley BUT without the range cert rubbish. camping, drinking, bbq, and good company. Just cant cater for the hairy bikers and harleys but there is sheep for the welsh members. The shoot consists of silhouette targets consisting of muntys, fox, rabbits, baboons, boar,and pheasants from 40-150 yards in a valley which are markable and 200-400 yards steel silhouette gong targets which are painted again these vary from discs to fox and hares. There is a woodland walk for stalking targets which has deer and fox targets set out hidden and you have to shoot of high bipods or sticks.

now the legal bit the land is passed for 30cal but there happy for people to shoot bigger if they have open ticket and its classed as zeroing not target shooting so unsure how people with just target guns will go on about this.

catton rifle sports have its own website here for more info....http://www.cattonriflesport.co.uk/

catton parks website....http://www.catton-hall.com/

This will be the second year we have run this lets make it bigger than last year.......

links to last years................ http://forums.pigeon...burton/page__hl__ catton rifle shoot

photos...... http://forums.pigeon...__+catton +hall

INTERESTED PARTIES SO FAR

GRANDALF

FISHERUK

DRWOLLY

FISTER

RADAR UK

DOUGY

Edited by Dunkield

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys if anyone wants to come and shoot airguns only we have a fair few targets that can be set up in the woods or out on the embankment......airgun shooting is priced at £5 a day those that have paid for the rifle shooting can use this free too if required.

Hello, I am new to pigeon watch forum but would really like attend at catton park if at all possible. Would be great to stretch my rifles legs at distance, would be nice to see other people's kit as well. My dad's a keen shooter and would come along as well plus catton park is only just down the road for me. Hope to see everyone there.

Paul ( & possibly Ray )

paul we set a range up for .22lr round a brook/pond. its a load of steel targets/spinners/swingers that i make for rimfires......last year it had a lot of interest and about 10.000rnds thrown at them over the weekend. I set them up at last weeks shoot and a lot of people really enjoy them because its different.

they will be at the next shoot at catton too.

• INTERESTED PARTIES SO FAR

GRANDALF
    FISHERUK + 2 PAULS AND LEE
    DRWOLLY
    FISTER
    RADAR UK
    DOUGY
    FRUITLOOP
    BIGDAVE123
    REMY 700
    SPARKIE
    Blunderbust
  • JEFFO223 + DAD
  • REGGIEGUN +SON

The Battle of Catton Brook was the best part last year.

The rounds just hummed in there continuously.

At one stage we had four bolt actions versus three semi autos all trying to keep a swingy, clicky, clangy creation of Sparkies in the rivals sector. Only stopped when we all ran out of ammo!

Fox in Fisheruks caravan was quite amusing too...

Edited by Grandalf

Good goin mitchf........oh and theres plenty of sheep on the grounds to keep you guys entertained. Added you guys to the list.

• INTERESTED PARTIES SO FAR

GRANDALF
    FISHERUK + 2 PAULS AND LEE
    DRWOLLY
    FISTER
    RADAR UK
    DOUGY
    FRUITLOOP
    BIGDAVE123
    REMY 700
    SPARKIE
    Blunderbust