Deer & Long nets

rabbit hunter

Hi every1, i am new here. As you can see in my signature, I am intrested in netting some deer by a local wood. My questions are

How big is the average deer?(so i know how big to make my stakes)

and

How would I kill a deer with bare hands?

I have heard that they are very very dangerous animals. Is this because they will kick you or bite you?

Thanks.

Rabbit hunter,

at the risk of being offensive 'how stupid are you'?

Generally, it is illegal to net deer. There are some exceptions but if you qualified I don't think you'd ask the question.

Leave the deer alone or you will give the antis so much fuel they'll stay warm all winter :lol: :< :<

PP

PS Welcome! And sorry for the abruptness of the reply :blink:

RH, firstly tell us were are you from, the fact that you are talking about netting deer, i think you should stick to smaller game, and if you do manage to catch a deer with the net. Do you think that you would be strong enough to firstly break the deers neck. :blink:

Yes Q , the boy will be run at all quarry. I signed the hunting declaration on saturday , so legal or not the boy will be run.

all the best yis yp :blink:

A moochin we will go, a moochin we will go , hi ho the Bobby O, a moochin we will go.

Cheers Mate

P.S. Does the misses know about the new Dog yet?

P.P.S Maybe Lemmy is do for a dark dye job.....stay out of the light.

NTTF

The new dog fell through , He was sold long before i managed to ring the bloke about him...So back to the drawing board.

On the subject of hunting with dogs an article in the FW informed the readers that the powers that be are thinking of stopping the iacs cheque of any land owner that lets the "hunt" ride over there land.

all the best yis yp :blink:

Im going to have a go at long-netting. But not for deer, because i found out that my mate had to use dogs to scare the deer, and the only dog i have is a labrador. But I found a few nice fields that I was told I'd get a few hares out of.

Im going to get a 50yd(with 75yrds of net) 6oz long net for about £46. Or would it be worth just paying an extra £15 for a 100yrd(150 yrds netting) 6oz?