telephone call blocking

deny essex

I read on here maybe a year or more ago about land line cold call blocking.

A number given on the thread to block un-wanted cold calls worked well for me but I cant remember what the number was.

The wife wants to block unwanted calls to her 90 year old mother as shes pesterd with them, I can only find pay call blockers and know she wont have that .

So any info to assist appreciated.

im on TPS but they still get through as it can only block calls from within the uk calls from call centers outside uk still get through.

if its a woman calling ask what colour knickers their wearing phone goes dead and they never ring back :good:

Tried that with one of my calls , got an offer I didnt expect :good:

Then I found out it was the mrs :crazy:

Cheers Scott sorted it

i frequently get calls asking for mr day ?

when i say that he doesnt live here they always reply

THIS MIGHT BE OF INTEREST TO YOU THEN

i usually go down the panty colour line if its a woman after they ask the first question,

if they sound like they are of a foreign religion as ask them if they like pork sausage

if my kids answer they just shout mr day is dead..

if its a man i just say i will get him then leave the phone in another room. :yahoo:

if the wife answers GET READY you dont want to be on the other end of the phone trust me...

Join up to the TPS. Its a free service. I used to get 1 a day. I joined TPS and now if I ever recieve one I tell them I am TPS registered and they **** their pants.

http://www.tpsonline.../tps/index.html

No real reason why they should poop their pants, the TPS is a rather toothless voluntary scheme which companies abide by voluntarily.

Many of the awful companies the do telephone marketing don't really care if youve registered with TPS, its only the more reputable co's who're likely to take notice

I find that in a lot of cases they are using computor generated numbers from a data base which is well out of date. They tend to ask to speak to my Frather In Law who had our phone number and flat when he passed away so we took it over and registered the phone number our name as soon as we moved in. When they call and ask for my Father in Law I just tell them they they will need to be a psychic medium to talk to him as he passed away some 8 years ago. The phone line normally goes dead straight away!

We're listed with TPS but it hardly seems to make a difference.

People you have dealings with still call, I've just about got British Gas not to call me every five minutes for example.

Recorded messages, regardless of origin, aren't covered by TPS nor are foreign call centres as mentioned above.

If it were down to me I would take the 'phone off the wall but the missus doesn't seem to agree.

Must admit I'm registered with tps and it stopped all my calls.

However you, your misses and kids have to be careful what you sign up for.

Ever entered a competition, quote for insurance online, the list goes on. Make sure you tick the box saying i don't want to receive marketing or updates.

Tps won't stop calls from people you say you want to hear from. Sadly everything has this opt out small box nowadays and its easy to miss.