X Trail owners, what tyres do you use?

Stratts

I'll be needing some new tyres on the rear of the XT in a bit so just wondering what any current or past owners got on well with? Running 215/65/16's at the moment as standard.

Minimal off roading which will be around the grass margins of the fields and dirt tracks only occasionally.

My local garage has some matadors for 70 quid fitted and balanced but never heard of them tbh,

Cheers

Don't know if there available in your size mate, but I had General Grabber AT2's on a Jeep and they were canny. Now, on the Disco I have BFG AT2's and they are spot on, excellent both on and offload, no on road tyre noise and are wearing very well indeed. A mate has them on his Hilux and another lad has them on his L200. Can't go wrong.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Top left, a slightly higher sidewall, £122.34 inc. vat. Maybe able to get them cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.4x4tyres.co.uk/bf-goodrich-m-3.html

Edited by jgguinness

Thanks mate they're available and as I only need 2 doing for now if I went for those would they be better on the front, being front wheel drive? Then replace the rears later on with the same?

Just so I spread the cost a bit now I have the friggin excess to shell out for!!

Edited by Stratts

I replaced the standard Dunlops with 4x Dunlop AS Touring 215/65/16 and would change for the same.

I get 40000 out of a set (same as std Dunlop), they are better in snow and ice and have the Alpine mark as well as M+S. I have towed horse box and horse approx 1500kg out of a saturated grass field without a problem (used diff lock).

They are a reinforced tyre so they are more confident in cornering, overall road noise is same or better , but it it more noticiable if your hit uneven manhole covers etc.

MPG is the same. Bought 2 for £75 each as part of a 6 tyre deal from Tyres Galore , Leicester but normally around £100 mark

Hope that helps

ATB

Chris

With most four wheel drives it is best if you can to have the same tyres all around also ATs can be slightly bigger so if you have ATs on the back and normal road tyres on the front it may cause problems also handling will be better with the same tyres all around.

I just got a set of General-Grabber ATs on my vitara I could not get the AT2s in the size that I wanted but I am really pleased with the ones that I got.