Fun Competition Shoot in Norfolk 24/02/2013

brecklandsporter

We are having a fun competition clay shoot at Chalk Farm Clay Ground, near Swaffham this Sunday.

50 bird sporting

4 classes - choose a catagory - reentries welcome.

* 12 bore o/u

* side- by- side

* Semi Auto

* Small bore (under 20 bore)

Prizes (of the quality whisky kind) and trohpies to the winners of each class and medals for the runners up. Straight any stand to win a spot prize.

Medals and prizes for junior shots. Burger van selling local butchers burgers, bacon rolls and other refreshments. Seating area under cover.

Sporting £12.50 round and Juniors £8 round. Google the website for more info

:)

looks pricey

Really ???

£12.50 for a round of 50

Granted we've maybe been spoilt a bit with the value offered by a certain members Norfolk Flushes but I think theyre exeptional value.

My local site is/was £18 for 80 last time I went, and local club is £10 for 50 birds, So by comparison its not unreasonable ?

Edited by TaxiDriver

But if it is a commercial undertaking,

then its done to provide a service for people to pay to use AND make a profit.

£12.50 for 50 doesnt seem unreasonable, as it isn't just clays that have to be paid for.

Sure more people might go if it's a £10 but from a business point of view there's a fine line between being doubly busy, tearing your **** off for little return and providing a service reasonably priced and a sustainable profit.

And my local club is £10 for 50 (or £5 for 25), That's after you've paid your club subscriptions

Its only our fun competitions that are £12.50, our normal practice days are £12, and £8 for under 16s for 50. We don't charge a membership fee, so hope that most people find us good value (regular and occassional shooters).

We've only been going for 4months so are still trying to find our way with what people, would like from us. Ideas welcome :) :) :)

Went here today for the 1st time as i've not shot clays or anything else for 8 months , had a good time and made very welcome, had two rounds 1st was a 29/50 second was a 40/50 also had a go on the pools with a 7/10, will go again as its opposite days to Hitclays (Fair clays)and i do need to get my eye in again.

Well done Chalk Farm nice set up :good:

Spud would like to see Dancing girls and personally i think the price is just right not to dear and not a loss making ammount either ive been to BASC shoots at DH where we have paid £14 for a 40 bird with a bottle of whisky as a prize now thats a riip off

lol think the dancing girls would have perished in the cold on Sunday!! It was pretty bitter, maybe we'll invite them in the Summer. Think we did pretty well on the prize front 4 bottles of single malt whisky, trophies, medals, beers, and chocolate for the juniors. We had a really fun day and it was nice to meet some guys from Pigeon Watch :good: