How many have become a "TRAINED PERSON"

niteowlpaul

On the regulations I have been sent from Derbyshire Enviromental Health it states a Trained Person because it doesnt have to be a hunter who has examined the body so long as they are capable of saying that it is fit for human consumption, but I think it depends on which related article you read

Edited by niteowlpaul

My game dealer started making noises about this years ago, so I did the Large and Small game Meat course run by Lantra so he could carry on taking my Pheasant and Duck.. Anyone that has done DSC 1 will be covered for Large Game Meat.

I'm not sure how keen other game dealers are, but mine is very selective about who he takes wild game meat from.

My game dealer started making noises about this years ago, so I did the Large and Small game Meat course run by Lantra so he could carry on taking my Pheasant and Duck.. Anyone that has done DSC 1 will be covered for Large Game Meat.

I'm not sure how keen other game dealers are, but mine is very selective about who he takes wild game meat from.

Who is your game dealer?

Well when I did my level 1 it didn't exist. I signed that I had read the guidance notes and they sent me a new level 1 (well after I had my level 2) that said I was now a trained hunter. To be fair its box ticking BS like anything government- how many of those horse meat traders will have had every credential going. BTW I wont personally buy wild venison shot by anyone I don't know or any small game dressed out.

So add me to the list I have a bit of paper that says I can do it! How many level 1 stalkers can find all the lymphatic system with their own knife without guidance? Or identify possible issues correctly? not very many from my experience, you do well if they don't drag it through the nearest cow pat after opening it up so wide you could get inside