Unusual Gundogs Shih Tzu

The Ghost

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fenboy.

I thought I would take her out today for some more training, Fenny was picking me up at 8am at my house....so ideal.

I got the gear ready and as it was cold I put the coat on the dog....bit of snow here.

Fenny pulled up in his truck as we were waiting....then just drove on?....he has not been back.

I think he must have got an urgent phone call.

desparina-the-shih-tzu-dog-picture-1-50f4b270b46b10ed40000001_zps10df8512.jpg

The coat was no good, just ripped to bits when I got her on some rough ground....I have ordered a camo one off the Bay...£6.99..Thanks!

Fenny's dog has gone for Sophie a few times...mine keeps bitting it's tail....but it is only playing.!

Last summer Fenny was waiting outside Tesco with the dog and had his dark glasses on, a woman came out & gave him a pound coin

The dog has come in to Season today, the wife and I have had a long talk about getting it mated.

I have said we should breed her with a Cocker, Cock-A-Tzu they call them and I would be able to keep a Pup from the litter.

I would of course offer the rest to PW members, I would think about £650 would be a fair price for a Cock-A-Tzu.

Has anyone got a male Cocker they a willing to let me use, must be excellent Pedigree and proven gundog.....not any old rubbish.

Taz "Fenny's Dog"

P1030478_zps0c5a6773.jpg

Edited by The Ghost

I would have helped you out but unfortunately my cocker had to have the chop as part of a operation for something else a couple of years ago .

I would think £650 would be a bit steep, but then I guess a Cock-A-Tzu would be quite rare, would perhaps be better to wait and see if your shih tzu makes the gundog grade before breeding.

I would have helped you out but unfortunately my cocker had to have the chop as part of a operation for something else a couple of years ago .

I would think £650 would be a bit steep, but then I guess a Cock-A-Tzu would be quite rare, would perhaps be better to wait and see if your shih tzu makes the gundog grade before breeding.

Thanks for the advice, I will continue with the training for a few more weeks until fully trained.

I have just got four DVD training films spent about £60 so I will need to recoup that I could let them go for £625...Mates Rate.

Shame about your Dog being done, I am willing to pay two boxes of cartridges (12g) for the right dog so if anyone is willing PM me.

I would think the Shih Tzu is a long way off being fully trained, it may take as long as a month to train her....due to the wheather at the moment.

Edited by The Ghost

Sid who lives three doors down from me was saying, "Peggy who gets in the club has had a Cock-A-Tzu & now into whippets".

I rang her tonight and she said she has never ever owned a dog?.....but she did invite me round her's to discuss it more.

Price now £600 for pick of litter, she could have 8 or 10 so loads to pick from.

She is a nice woman, still on the TAG for another three months due to getting grassed up for not declaring unearned income.

The owner at the daycare center never liked her after she Allegedly stole her purse, she thinks it was her that bubbled her.....some people eh!

She is very lonely at the moment, her boyfriend is away until May or April if he ends the contract early....she was telling the kids?

I just thought I would pop round and see if she needs anything..that was all.....nice woman Peggy

She is a big 007 fan, said she would call me James Bondage and wanted £40 for the kids dinner money...I don't even know her....why would I give her £40?

I will sort it out tomorrow, no doubt some confusion somewhare.

It seems loads of you know her so that can't be a bad thing.

Edited by The Ghost

That;s shocking.

I thought it would be keener I mean its not everyday that a shih tzu is fortunate enough to have someone wanting to spend the time and effort to train it for the gun.

Thats what I was thinking, I should have had her coat on her but the wool has all unraveled from this afternoon......she was cold when she came in.

I have watched two of those DVD's what a load of rubbish they have no idea, he may have been training gundogs for 40 years and won all the awards but the bloke did my head in.

He said you are best to start with a puppy and train it....Sophie is six and she is not finding it hard so he has no idea.

He said Labradors were the best Gundog.....they are not even gundogs! I am selling the DVDs £50 ONO if anyone is interested

I have just phoned a bloke in the DVD who trains Cockers...he is better than than the one who knows nothing and does my head in.

I have given him first option in sorting a stud dog out for Sophie, and he was very pleased

When I told him that I was offering two boxes of cartridges 'I think I had him'....as it went quiet on the phone.

When I also told him what kind of dog she was he hung up....I think to google Shih Tzu as he was not sure.....waiting for a call back.

Keep you all informed.

I have been trying to shoot a Pigeon this morning in my small garden with the air rifle to get dead bird for training...it has not been easy.

I set a few decoys out and had a good few coming in...managed to get a couple of pictures....missed this one.

COLLARED-DOVE-B_filtered.jpg

Edited by The Ghost

This sounds interesting and have you thought of the member on here who was looking for a dog to put his cocker to might be an ideal mating.

My brothers Missus has a ****zu cross yorkie that's about similar use bit like a chocolate teapot. I can't quite see why you would get a **** yorkie but takes all sorts

Cheers lads, ETO you have given me an idea!....al4x thanks for reminding me but I want a top stud dog with loads of FTC in pedigree (no dispespect meant)

I have a French Bulldog that I could have a go a training, it will be a bit harder but at least it is my dog.

This is her at 10 weeks old with the wifes two dogs....what do you think.