one for the painters

Paddy Galore!

Room a day at £150 per room + materials

:w00t: fat chance mate, this is house bashing not private work, i'm just curious about what other brushes are getting for something similar in different areas and for different firms. one of these is currently taking me about 5.5 days depending on the state of the plaster/floor Edited by Paddy Galore!

I live on the wirral i tend to look at a ton a day,it has to be to make it worth your while,what people seem to forget is we are still liable for tax at twenty percent plus nat,insurance,sometimes you just have to walk away :whistling: By the way i would want around 800 plus mat.

Edited by gemini52

that's the problem, there's always some monkey willing to do the job for peanuts, i priced a job last year, someone undercut me by over 2k, their price was marginally more than my materials costs

That's a competitive market - if the job is done to a good standard and within legal boundaries it's a no brainer!

Regards,

Gixer

I do work for a few doctors,they tend to be a closed knit bunch,about three years ago one of them put a recommendation on the which webb site for trades people,i must have had some were in the region of twenty jobs from it,i got a call yesterday to give a guy a price to decorate his hall stairs and landing he got my name off the site,so its been good for me.Its the same old story people want to pay peanuts,yet want a first class job,

:w00t: fat chance mate, this is house bashing not private work, i'm just curious about what other brushes are getting for something similar in different areas and for different firms. one of these is currently taking me about 5.5 days depending on the state of the plaster/floor

You didn't say that though did ya.

All my mates earn £120 a day private or working for a subby, add a labourer on to that and you have ya £150.

Pay peanuts get monkeys

I'm on 128 per day,and although I'm not the cheapest around here,I'm certainly not the most expensive either.There's no point charging less than what you can live off.I've learned that people don't necessarily want 'cheap',and all that that implies,but are willing to pay for quality work.Your work is your best advertisement.