4x4 trashed this morning

djgeoff

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my gun to hand and someone was chasing me with a sword they would get shot.

Yeah I was thinking that. They wouldn't do much chasing with a fragmented kneecap!

I'm just glad the op wasn't hurt. It could have been really nasty! I hope it all gets sorted for you and doesn't cost too much fella - they should make the guy who did it pay by auction of his possessions, assuming he has any of course. I haven't got a lot of time for dirty smackheads!

Yeah I was thinking that. They wouldn't do much chasing with a fragmented kneecap!

The funny thing is you would probably get more agro if he wasn't dead, dead people don't sue you or try to. It's a scary situation though and best left to the police if you can if not well its pretty straight forward self defence

The funny thing is you would probably get more agro if he wasn't dead, dead people don't sue you or try to.

No the family do! Two of my mates were involved in a fatal pursuit where a ******/drugged driver killed himself and a passenger. My mates were found to be not a fault whatsoever but not a nice experience.

He is entitled to a vehicle that suits his needs, THATS why we pay our premiums

Whats the use of giving someone that needs a 4x4 a fiesta type car?

:shaun:

+1 I've got like for like cover with my volvo. I had a crash last Jan they didn't have any Volvo c30's so got a BMW m1 to play with in the snow ...

I would think that the guy has mental problems people like that are best left to the police to handle I hope that he gets what he deserves but somehow I doubt it if the police charge him the courts will let him off.

yep you got it one,i have since found out he has something called bipolar disorder.

yep police have said 'we have him bang to rights but due his illness there is going to be a very good chance it will get stopped cps level and never reach court, not what you want to hear i know and i am afraid it will be down to you to claim on your insurance'.

i have a shooting mate who is a jp and he has said the same ' that's the system, the victim is always the looser in these cases'

but at this present moment in time it does not look to good for me in the way of compensation / losses .

still ongoing have not got crime number yet, i was told it would take time due to this chaps alcohol level, a doctors assessment so we can interview suspect, then if this doctor says he will need to be asset by physiologist.( good old spell check lol)

i have kept insurer's of developments and they have said ' their legal team deal retrieval of the cost incurred etc illness or no illness '.

I have be told by a third party,apparently due to fact this suspect may own his own home, therefore he has an estate it may possible to retrieve damages that way... this i cannot confirm but i will be asking legal bods on Monday as i still feel why should i have to fork out.

hopefully i will know more in days to come and have more concrete confirmed information from the authorities.

i suppose according to some people and comments from mates and nieghbours that he has this illness which is to blame ( which intend to google in a min).

but sorry no no no!

this guy could have killed someone, who is next when he takes a wobbly? next doors kids?

perhaps i am just heartless but sorry that is me and how i feel.

i suppose knowing what i know now about his condition i would feel a lot better and perhaps a bit more sympathetic if his parents / family said sorry and if they can't foot the bill at-least make a reasonably gesture, but to sit back and do naff all at my expense is a joke.

i also believe the social service authorities ( or bodies that monitor patients like this) have a lot to blame for this as well, why was he not monitored correctly? if he is cable of this sort of thing why is he aloud to be on his own at home?

i don't know i might be talking load of rubbish but that's how i feel and i am sorry if i may offended anyone with my thoughts.

But by the buy i wish to thank all the pw posts and support..... including knee caps etc.... that did cross my mind... but in the back of my mind which seemed more important to me was

1. my life

2. mates life

and

3 shot gun cert

at this moment in time cannot repeat to you comments made by police officer in my home........ it would astonish you, i was gob smacked.

but in due course i will when its all done and dusted

once again thanks all

Edited by djgeoff

I'll only answer a couple of your points, the crime reference number which you'll need for any insurance claims should have already been generated. Regardless of what the outcome will be this needs to be put on the system the day it happened so any updates ect can be placed on it.

I'd be amazed if one hadn't been created, if it hasn't been put on the system yet for any reason firstly I'd politely ask why. I'd then get the incident reference number which will have to have been created, if anyone phones the police about anything an incident or cad number will be created, this will have the basics about the job, who involved and what officers attended. That will be good enough for the time being in regards to the insurance company.

Now I'm no Doctor but bipolar as far as I'm aware is an acute form of depression, I don't see this as a reason for cps not proceeding? Oh hi there, I suffer from depression so I can attack people with a sword and chain without fear of punishment!!!!!

I truly hope you're not let down by the justice system but unfortunately it's all too common.

Best of luck :good:

I'm hoping that he was arrested for the criminal damage initially though from the sounds of it it sounds like he may have gone in on S136 mental health act. That may explain why he needed to be assessed. Agree with the previous poster though, a criminal damage crime ought to have been created. It can easily be no crimes if cps decide that the suspect lacks mental capacity to form men's rea .

Edited by ozzy518

still ongoing have not got crime number yet, i was told it would take time due to this chaps alcohol level, a doctors assessment so we can interview suspect, then if this doctor says he will need to be asset by physiologist.( good old spell check lol)

Glad to hear you werent harmed, and hats off to you for your restraint.

But I think you might wanna sack that spell check,

I reckon the loon needs to be asessed by a phsycologist,

Only then can he possibly accidently fall of a high kerb or something similar ;)