So!

Underdog

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As "Mongrel" says Air Arms all the way given your budget restrictions .

Advantages.

Easy to work on with plenty of spares readily available.(including after market multi shot magazine )

Very reliable.

As accurate as anything out there.

These are a really good pre-loved buy once the original buyer has taken the majority of the depreciation,and they sell on well .

Loads of forum advice available.

All in all the Air Arms 400 is about as good as it gets for anyone on a restricted budget.

Just say I traded my springers and went for a PCP!

Which one?

Before you answer, bear in mind it would have to be second hand (not much money) and a simple design, single shot and not very long or heavy.

Underdog.

Brocock do a light Synthetic single shot called the Hunter,it's single shot and extremely light too,I have seen second hand ones on Gunstar for £150, great little gun I sold mine last year and now have an Hatsan AT44 with both stocks,I fit the synthetic when my joints are playing up and if I go to my hide I favour the wooden stock as I just love the look of it lol

ATB

Mal

Why ho Why do so many go on about PCP`s being expensive its utter bull ****.

I have spent more on most of my springers than i have on my PCP`s.

Cheshire Gun room are selling the Hatsan AT 44 10 shot PCP at £270 new.

Here is my list of PCP`s that i have got from GUNSTAR.Gun shops.and Mates that were selling a gun.

1/ Hatsan AT44 10 Wooden stock. 10 shot. Walther barrel. Air gauge. New £265.

2/ Logun Pro 10 shot it came with Bi pod. scope. Silencer. Bag. HILL`S PUMP. S/H £300. Bargain.

3/ Logun Solo .177 10 shot the gun came with Scope.Silencer. 10 shot mag. S/H £250.

4/ Logun Solo .22 10 shot the gun came with scope. Silencer. 10 shot mag.S/H £260.

5/ BSA Super 10 Bull Barrel. came with Bag. 3 x 10 shot Mags mint gun S/H £250.

6/ Daystate Huntsman FTR. It came in a **** camo job with scope.Silencer.Very cheap at £190.

I stripped it had it re-buld and re-finished the stock the gun is now mint and stands me at £260.

7/ TITEN MCO 10 the gun came MINT with Silencer.Scope. and a 3 lit 300 BAR bottle £260.

I also have a 12 lit 232 Bottle that i give £30 out of test. £25 test so £55 for bottle and gauge.

PCP`S EXPENSIVE MY ***.

SHOP AROUND.

GOOD LUCK.

Why ho Why do so many go on about PCP`s being expensive its utter bull ****.

I have spent more on most of my springers than i have on my PCP`s.

Cheshire Gun room are selling the Hatsan AT 44 10 shot PCP at £270 new.

Here is my list of PCP`s that i have got from GUNSTAR.Gun shops.and Mates that were selling a gun.

1/ Hatsan AT44 10 Wooden stock. 10 shot. Walther barrel. Air gauge. New £265.

2/ Logun Pro 10 shot it came with Bi pod. scope. Silencer. Bag. HILL`S PUMP. S/H £300. Bargain.

3/ Logun Solo .177 10 shot the gun came with Scope.Silencer. 10 shot mag. S/H £250.

4/ Logun Solo .22 10 shot the gun came with scope. Silencer. 10 shot mag.S/H £260.

5/ BSA Super 10 Bull Barrel. came with Bag. 3 x 10 shot Mags mint gun S/H £250.

6/ Daystate Huntsman FTR. It came in a **** camo job with scope.Silencer.Very cheap at £190.

I stripped it had it re-buld and re-finished the stock the gun is now mint and stands me at £260.

7/ TITEN MCO 10 the gun came MINT with Silencer.Scope. and a 3 lit 300 BAR bottle £260.

I also have a 12 lit 232 Bottle that i give £30 out of test. £25 test so £55 for bottle and gauge.

PCP`S EXPENSIVE MY ***.

SHOP AROUND.

GOOD LUCK.

Numbers 5 & 6 are reasonable guns, you're welcome to the rest. The cheapies are cheap for good reason, build quality.

Edited by -Mongrel-

Numbers 5 & 6 are reasonable guns, you're welcome to the rest. The cheapies are cheap for good reason, build quality.

Why make a comment on something you are obviously clueless about.

1/ HATSAN AT 44 Nice wood stock. Walther match barrel. Air gauge. 2 x 10 shot mags.

And with good oil and bedding in. Very accurate and smooth Rifle. For the money outstanding.

2/ The Logun Pro was a £800 Gun 15 years ago. Hand Built by Logun superb quality.

Silky smooth 10 shot bolt action. Superb barrel deadly Accurate. Pure quality.

3/ Both the Logun Solos are made by FX. Its the same Gun as the FX Typhoon.

Nice bolt action very accurate. Good build quality and light. 100 shoots per charge.

4/ TITEN MCO 10. Very nice stock. Outstanding Blueing. Superb hand built quality.

Very Very Accurate they were very popular on the FT and HFT Competitions.

There`s a gunsmith friend of mine that has one and still shoots FT and HFT with it.

I have tried to buy it loads of times but he will never part with it.

TITEN were so good Falcon bought them out and re-badged there guns.

And you only rate the Daystate Huntsman FTR has a reasonable Rifle and the BSA Super10.

Are you Drunk. What is life like on your planet.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

I am not bitching Underdog I just hope what I have posted as given you some idea of what you can get for your money.

And what sort of quality you can get if your on a budget.

But when somebody says half your PCP collection is cheap and poor quality. WELL. :mad:

Good luck and Happy :shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Unfortunately the AT44 will always attract the neigh sayers (aka Findus Lasagne eaters), for the same reason any Hatsan will, too cheap! I mean that, the Hatsan range is way too cheap, the 55 and 60 are the same gun as the Stingray mark 2 (twice the price of the 55 and 60). The Hatsan AT44 is their version of the Raider 10, superbly safe, cannot be double loaded, Walthered so it is highly accurate. The fact you get 2x10 shot magazines means that you have no usual expense of the hunter, ie I need a second magazine!

Walnut wood stocks, 2 stage trigger, 1/2 unf screw cut for silencer, there is a lot to like! Obviously the critic has never owned one!

Unfortunately the AT44 will always attract the neigh sayers (aka Findus Lasagne eaters), for the same reason any Hatsan will, too cheap! I mean that, the Hatsan range is way too cheap, the 55 and 60 are the same gun as the Stingray mark 2 (twice the price of the 55 and 60). The Hatsan AT44 is their version of the Raider 10, superbly safe, cannot be double loaded, Walthered so it is highly accurate. The fact you get 2x10 shot magazines means that you have no usual expense of the hunter, ie I need a second magazine!

Walnut wood stocks, 2 stage trigger, 1/2 unf screw cut for silencer, there is a lot to like! Obviously the critic has never owned one!

SAM...you hit the nail smack on the head again...as usual :-)

BR

CHM

Obviously the critic has never owned one!

True! Don't buy cheap air rifles, not about to start. They are cheap for a reason. I have handled a couple and they feel cheap, that's enough for me.

You pick up a quality rifle it has the feel of what it is, and the old adage of you get what you pay for is based on market economics. If it's very cheap, they must have used cheap parts. If it's got decent wood, they've had to cut costs even further elsewhere.

I've owned enough air rifles now to know the difference between a quality piece of kit (AirArms, Daystate, Weirauch et al) and the inferior versions. If you want to use cheap air rifles that's absolutely fine, but don't try and make them out to be more than they are.

All of the above is only my opinion of course, you don't have to agree but I am entitled to it.

Did you not sell your At44 shortly after owning it?

Karpman

True! Don't buy cheap air rifles, not about to start. They are cheap for a reason. I have handled a couple and they feel cheap, that's enough for me.

You pick up a quality rifle it has the feel of what it is, and the old adage of you get what you pay for is based on market economics. If it's very cheap, they must have used cheap parts. If it's got decent wood, they've had to cut costs even further elsewhere.

I've owned enough air rifles now to know the difference between a quality piece of kit (AirArms, Daystate, Weirauch et al) and the inferior versions. If you want to use cheap air rifles that's absolutely fine, but don't try and make them out to be more than they are.

All of the above is only my opinion of course, you don't have to agree but I am entitled to it.

dont mean to offend but i have to agree

Im not getting involved look at my sig lol ut jist to say my qb runs at a respectable 11.7 is accurate to a couple of mill and cost me peanuts to buy and fettle ha ha so i ai t got loads of dosh to shell oit but it doesnt feel cheep (yes i have held and fired many rifles) and most of all i really do enjoy shooting with it

Got a edgar brothers break barrel here do t lime that thoigh to much twang and to heavy

And i said i ai t getting involved ****

Andy