Pigeon Shooting in Surrey

VanGogh76

Farmer has asked me to stick a post up!

Looking for 4 people per day to shoot over 180 acres of land in Guildford. Including mid week.

There is a mixed bag of Woodies and Rooks with a day rate of £75 per head.

Shooting is on a DIY basis.

£25 per head non refundable deposit required due to a couple of no shows last year and we had to cancel people willing to come

Farmer has asked me to stick a post up!

Looking for 4 people per day to shoot over 180 acres of land in Guildford. Including mid week.

There is a mixed bag of Woodies and Rooks with a day rate of £75 per head.

Shooting is on a DIY basis.

£25 per head non refundable deposit required due to a couple of no shows last year and we had to cancel people willing to come

Can I ask do you pay him £75 per day or is it your permission and if so how do you feel about potentially having 20+ guns a week on your perm.

Jim

No way is there £75 worth of Pigeons in Surrey, especially Guildford, none the less if that's what he wants and people pay then good luck to him I guess.

must admit my thoughts also :good: I shoot within a stones throw of Guildford and hardly seen any decent pigeon numbers of late :yes: but if you manage to sell days at £75 per day for him good luck :good: BB

Be very careful what you say or how your word your replies on here now, comments like (Oh you will have you little joke) are deemed to be over the top and will be removed, so remember no bad diction.

Why you had your wrist slapped :hmm: I must admit I find the MODS pretty laid back on here to be fair :yes: most of us push the boundarys at times,and more often than not get away with it :good: BB

Why you had your wrist slapped :hmm: I must admit I find the MODS pretty laid back on here to be fair :yes: most of us push the boundarys at times,and more often than not get away with it :good: BB

I know what you’re saying I think it could be one in particular flexing his wrist. I haven’t to my knowledge made any riska comments certainly no more than anyone else

I'm relatively new to pigeon shooting but am surprised folk are prepared to pay a farmer £75 to shoot his Pigeons for him and given the time of year I would wonder if I might end up paying £75 to be a scarecrow for the day!

If it were £25 I might be interested if I were struggling to find somewhere to shoot.

Alternatively I'd rather put petrol in the car and go knocking doors for something more permanent that might cost me a bottle to the farmer now and again. I do hope this is still the done thing.

I used to shoot a large estate years ago the management changed and the keeper who had served the estate loyally and diligently for many years was ousted by underhand means, then the management installed there man as keeper who appeared to make it his mission to upset tenants and shooters alike, this I use the term loosely keeper then announced a charge of £50 per day would be levied at all current rough shooters, he was told in no uncertain terms what he could do with his shoot by all rough shooters and beaters . The estate continues to decline.

I'm relatively new to pigeon shooting but am surprised folk are prepared to pay a farmer £75 to shoot his Pigeons for him and given the time of year I would wonder if I might end up paying £75 to be a scarecrow for the day!

If it were £25 I might be interested if I were struggling to find somewhere to shoot.

Alternatively I'd rather put petrol in the car and go knocking doors for something more permanent that might cost me a bottle to the farmer now and again. I do hope this is still the done thing.

Very much still the done thing :good: Spending your money on petrol and a bottle is a much better idea.