661 Pigeon in a Day is it still a record

The Ghost

This topic has a distasteful edge to it judging by some of the posts. Numbers are not everything and attempting to achieve a record bag is in my opinion beyond the pale.

Pigeons are a respected quarry, one of the most testing and difficult to shoot in some circumstances. Turning the shooting of pigeons into a numbers game is plain wrong.

Yes mate I agree, but its interesting to see how these threads evolve, baffles me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What these lads are on about, is a post that was closed yesterday?

It has carried over on to this one, things were left unsaid and people are still venting.

I agree this post has taken a new life and from a simple question it has turned into an episode of eastenders.

It just shows we need to get out more cocknee

I am one of the new members with few posts and think this thread has been good fun its like a puzzle trying to sort the fact from the fiction the genuine from the ********.

I'm a newby, it seems that the number of posts you've made gives you credibility, just cos we're new to pw doesn't mean we're new to shooting, if people tell fibs that's up to them, however if your legit I don't see that there is a need to justify yourself to anybody on here....

is it only me who can see a trend with all the new members with less than 50 post who have all joined since Christmas coming on here talking total bull **** about 800 birds shot in 5 hrs for 300 cartridges i honestly think its a few who all no each other and are drumming business up yer yer yer we have the best pigeon shooter on here called pigeon controller and he"s not got any where near that and has photos to prove it

​your talk is cheap get some photos on here or take up fishing then you can lie to your hearts content

Someone said something about floating my boat earlier....I think they were getting me confused with you, I put him straight.. sold that boat ages ago....

What these lads are on about, is a post that was closed yesterday?

It has carried over on to this one, things were left unsaid and people are still venting.

I agree this post has taken a new life and from a simple question it has turned into an episode of eastenders.

It just shows we need to get out more cocknee

is it only me who can see a trend with all the new members with less than 50 post who have all joined since Christmas coming on here talking total bull **** about 800 birds shot in 5 hrs for 300 cartridges i honestly think its a few who all no each other and are drumming business up yer yer yer we have the best pigeon shooter on here called pigeon controller and he"s not got any where near that and has photos to prove it

​your talk is cheap get some photos on here or take up fishing then you can lie to your hearts content

totally agree with you, if i had 100 birds yet a lone 800 i would`ve had loads of pics

Are photos really proof,don't suppose i will ever shoot a 300 plus bag or perhaps maybe one day you never know. But if i wanted i could make a few phone calls get a few freezers emptied lay em all out take a photo and hey presto . Cant see the point in b##########g your only cheating yourself at the end of the day. Not saying that all photos of big bags are like this but if someone was sad enough they could do this.

Edited by shootnfish

Cant see why it got closed,there was no abuse or friction,just folk trying to get honest answers.

ATB

Fielddweller

I think it had resolved it's self as well, but not up to me.

As this post has had over 3,000 views most in the past 24 hours it would appear to me that some are still very unhappy.

I just thought it right to let people know that what the new posters were on about was nothing relating to this post I started a month ago?

I think things should be resolved and am happy for it to happen on this post, but gents lets be a bit nicer.

if shot 300 birds id drive to other end of country to buy ,beg borrow or steal a camera and the point i was making about the 50 post lark is that your new you could be on here to back up ur mate saying " or had a fab day out with ????? carn"t wait to book again im done with this thread if people carn"t be honest were wasting are talking to so called pigeon shooters.

ps pick on my spelling if you like

swiss.tony, don't get the hump mate, I put a post on a couple of weeks back about peeps fibbing about numbers, it was pure mischief and initially tongue in cheek, but very soon became personal by a few peeps, very funny got some good advice on how the shooting community roll & also how to live my life. PS I think yor spelling gud..

swiss.tony, don't get the hump mate, I put a post on a couple of weeks back about peeps fibbing about numbers, it was pure mischief and initially tongue in cheek, but very soon became personal by a few peeps, very funny got some good advice on how the shooting community roll & also how to live my life. PS I think yor spelling gud..

its not hump its sick and tired of pork pie tellers its like jackanory on here at min

if shot 300 birds id drive to other end of country to buy ,beg borrow or steal a camera and the point i was making about the 50 post lark is that your new you could be on here to back up ur mate saying " or had a fab day out with ????? carn"t wait to book again im done with this thread if people carn"t be honest were wasting are talking to so called pigeon shooters.

ps pick on my spelling if you like

I will make the point for the fourth time...this post was started a month ago.

Some people have carried on here from a post that was closed yesterday.

I do not know or have even met the bloke on that post?

Again I am happy for this to be debated on this post

Swiss.tony, don't get sick & tired, have fun with it, numbers don't matter to me, as long as I don't waste too many cartridge trying to achieve them, yeah I get what your saying though.. Oh PS keep smiling mate, like you are in your profile pic, I like cows that much I married one....

Edited by Northern Monkey

I will make the point for the fourth time...this post was started a month ago.

Some people have carried on here from a post that was closed yesterday.

I do not know or have even met the bloke on that post?

Again I am happy for this to be debated on this post

now are you sure " in the voice of him of little Britain" you have to admit ghost 800 birds is a tad on the pork pie side will you leave pigeon watch sell yours gun if you have one and never post again if you do not complete your pw challenge cause im sure its just not me who thinks you tell a cracking story you should be a history teacher kids would love your storys

now are you sure " in the voice of him of little Britain" you have to admit ghost 800 birds is a tad on the pork pie side will you leave pigeon watch sell yours gun if you have one and never post again if you do not complete your pw challenge cause im sure its just not me who thinks you tell a cracking story you should be a history teacher kids would love your storys

Naw he will probably make the excuse they are wild birds after all.

Lets go and do a bit of roost. :lol:

For the 5th time this post was started a month ago.

The 800 birds came from a post that was closed yesterday, I believe it less than you tony.

I have never met nor know of any man alive who has shot 800 birds.

I have never met or spoken to Lee C in my life, I have less contact with him than yourself.

Do you honestly think this post was started a month ago to stick up for "my mate" I pick my mates with caution.

Edited by The Ghost

Naw he will probably make the excuse they are wild birds after all.

Lets go and do a bit of roost. :lol:

is that free roost shooting or that 10 quid too make up for a rubbish day shooting

For the 6th time then, this post was started a month ago....etc.

lest you can count too 6 mate ............................you only need 794 more birds lol

Edited by swiss.tony

For the 5th time this post was started a month ago.

The 800 birds came from a post that was closed yesterday, I believe it less than you tony.

I have never met nor know of any man alive who has shot 800 birds.

I have never met or spoken to Lee C in my life, I have less contact with him than yourself.

Do you honestly think this post was started a month ago to stick up for "my mate" I pick my mates with caution.

you keep saying this, but did you not say you was going to try and beat a record, because you whole heartedly beleive you are gonna do it according to what (YOU SAID)

!00% Yes but I am unable to get a correct figure, 661 sounded a challenge....the 800 that came out yesterday followed by nearly 1,000 turned this post on it's head.....I opened this subject up to the forum all I wanted to know was "is it still a record" as a result of this simple question you have what you see before you.

It's up to everyone who reads this post to have an opinion, I did say I would like to see the record broken....and believe others to too.....so lets try and find out what it is?

you keep saying this, but did you not say you was going to try and beat a record, because you whole heartedly beleive you are gonna do it according to what (YOU SAID)