Game Dealers

2nd Barrel

Hi everyone

I've only just started to get pigeon in any sort of quantity and I'm trying to find a game dealer for the surplus.

I've had a look in the yellow pages but can't find any likely candidates locally. Is there any trick I'm missing here ? Or any alternate lists you use? I'm looking for one within about 20 miles of Warwick.

The second question is about freezing the birds - do I empty the crop first or just wack them in the freezer as they come.

Thanks

John

:lol: 2nd Barrel, we shoot in Warwickshire and have the same problem as yourself. We have to take our birds down to Northamtonshire where we get 15p fresh and 10p frozen. The freezer is full at the moment but it is not worth the travelling until we get a good number of fresh birds to take as well.

If you want to PM me i can give you his name and location. :blink:

If your very sneaky 2nd B you could make a steak and kidney pie and place the pigeon in the pie instead of the good ol kidney .. I'll have a fiver on it that the "familly" eat the lot without even noticeing your sly deception . :lol:

You could also take a peek at http://www.gametoeat.co.uk

all the best yis yp :blink:

I always empty the crop before putting them in the freezer,especialy rape ,it will taint the meat making it bitter.Also always lay them on there back as all the body juices wont ruin the breast meat ,giving a better look when prepared for the table