Got my Ithaca 37 Pump Today

The Ghost

I have loads of people to thank first all PW members, first of all those who helped me pick what pump action to get as I was looking for a Classic Gun. I must thank TIGHTCHOKE who very kindly offered to let me try his Ithaca as well as his mates one, he said I could shoot it on one of his permissions and they would spend some time shooting together....will never forget the offer.

I asked Mick Vokes from Kettering (Wabbitbosher) to try to find....what I was told was a very rare gun, I told him everything I wanted in the gun. Less than a week later he turned up the gun below, I was stunned....he said "it's Mint" and below budget?

Mick Vokes below Registered Firearms Dealer (Wabbitbosher) with my Ithaca 37 Featherlight D.S. Police Special 24" barrel 3" Magnum, it even had the wax on the butt plate put on in the factory from new in 1982.....he had wanted to keep it I think?

Very pleased Mick & thanks for everything.

P1030504_zpscd4ad97d.jpg

P1030515_zps9ef7dded.jpg

P1030505_zps3e348977.jpg

P1030507_zps3a228d8e.jpg

I just need a Riot to control now, and some mirror shades.

I will join the owners club as need a manual, need to take it to bits and play

I will update how it shoots as out Monday & Tuesday next week

Go to the ITHACA website all the information you need is on there!

Thanks Fenny, I will be out Monday/Tuesday so if you fancy it and you are fit.

You missed a good morning, Terry did Full English from the Chuck Wagon & big mugs of tea.

We had the local kids out shooting statics with 410s (four turned up) great fun & thanks for the 3" magnums..I owe you one.

Terry turned up with 36 empty beer cans and said they were from his next door neighbours bin....Yeh!

Paul turned up as planned, had his ferrets with him so I enjoyed that....learned a bit as well

Get well soon

George,

There were two things that I forgot to say about those guns.

The first is that they are very likely to throw a *huge* pattern. They are, of course, slug guns and are choked TC. Also, though, they are underbored at .690" so if anyone sticks one of those brass guage thingies in the end, they may well say that it's *tightly* choked.

Finally, while Ithaca stopped fitting two sears to their M37s in 1975, the M&P (Military & Police) versions still had them when they were making *your* gun. In other words, your gun is likely to have a slam-fire facility... :) (*Both* my guns have the extra sear but, for some reason, only the S.1 actually does so. Since I only ever used the S.2 on clays, I never bothered to find out why it didn't slam-fire.)

Regards,

Mark.

George,

There were two things that I forgot to say about those guns.

The first is that they are very likely to throw a *huge* pattern. They are, of course, slug guns and are choked TC. Also, though, they are underbored at .690" so if anyone sticks one of those brass guage thingies in the end, they may well say that it's *tightly* choked.

Finally, while Ithaca stopped fitting two sears to their M37s in 1975, the M&P (Military & Police) versions still had them when they were making *your* gun. In other words, your gun is likely to have a slam-fire facility... :) (*Both* my guns have the extra sear but, for some reason, only the S.1 actually does so. Since I only ever used the S.2 on clays, I never bothered to find out why it didn't slam-fire.)

Regards,

Mark.

Cheers Mark, I am just wanting to get out with it. Was off this morning but out shooting with some local kids so decided to leave it behind.

I am not sure if it has Slam fire Facility, but can't wait to find out, I need to shoot it then find out what type of shooting it is best suited to.

It is my second gun as have boring O/U until I find another Ithaca later in the year....for the Geese

I'm a bit scared.. Today he said to me the next time wifey locks you out for coming home ******, 0500 in the morning, that he'd be happy to come round with his pump action & fire his massive 3" load at my back door.... I think he may need to have his medication increased. :)

This is about, showing you up this morning when you turned up with a big bag of empty beer cans for Kids to shoot at?

Telling me you got them out of next doors bin did impress me though.....as if!

Thanks for the breakfast Terry, I got home and the wife said "I suppose you have had something to eat" I am sure she thinks I am going to run away with you because you can cook......thanks for this morning

the gun looks in very good condition :good: i used to own a savage stevens pump and somehow it reminds me of that :hmm:

some of them shell boxes on the shelf behind you are as old as the hills. :)

That is Wabbitbosher, Gun trader off PW he got the gun for me...in fact he gets most of our guns unless we buy new.

He is handy if you need something a bit different as he has some very good contacts & he is very good with his prices.

Pleased you remember shell boxes as well.

Thanks Halight, I am out on Tuesday for a couple of hours, I have just been getting used to the feel of the gun & action.

I am considering getting another once I learn more about the range as I had never heard of Ithaca.

Thanks to those on PW who steered me in this direction, it is more than I could have wished for.

I am sure the more I use the gun it will become apparent what type of shooting it is best suited to.

This is about, showing you up this morning when you turned up with a big bag of empty beer cans for Kids to shoot at?

Telling me you got them out of next doors bin did impress me though.....as if!

Thanks for the breakfast Terry, I got home and the wife said "I suppose you have had something to eat" I am sure she thinks I am going to run away with you because you can cook......thanks for this morning

Wait till you try the Chinese hot smoked & roasted chicken done in the Cobb Cooker, I'll sort the chicken you'll have to do the run to the chippy..

It sounds better than I have just had, Leg of Mince again....she does well on the money I give her.

Thanks for the other morning nice of you to turn up....Kids enjoyed Bacon/Sausage sarnies proper food.

If you are free for next week, Saturday again 08.30 start bring the Hushpower both welcome

I am considering getting another

If you find the pattern of the DSPS too open, perhaps you should get a "posh" (ie, non-M&P) one like mine. It's the bottom gun in the second photo of this post:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/236687-pump-club/page__st__180#entry2067304

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by ChAoS