What Dog Food Is Best

By Border Collie has mostly Raw meat, including the bones and all. As a treat , any old biscuit with no additives with a tin of mackerel in sunflower oil poured all over it.

Dog food wise though I thought James Wellbeloved biscuits were supposed to have no additives or gluten in them if you must feed dry food, or Butchers tripe based tins if you want to feed wet food.

Wez

Raw every time.

"How do the BARF diets compare in price to the intermediate dried dog foods? Do you manage to buy it in large enough quantities in one go or is it a case of going and getting the blocks of mince every week?"

Cost me about £60 a month for the meat (some on Tripe, some on Chicken). Get it delivered once a month from a reliable, quality source. Mixed with chopped raw veg, Pasta and Fold Hill meal. The meal costs about the same as the meat, the veg and

Pasta cost not a lot. Reckon on about £150 a month for 9 dogs none of which are small. Works out about 60p dog per day. I also know exactly what's going into them (also what comes out of them and it's healthier than feeding them on tinned or dried).

Fed my black labs on 'Supadog Adult' out of shooting season and 'Supadog Active' during season....and nothing else.Vets advice thats all they need....and spoonful of pure corn oil now and again for coat. Both fit as a butchers dog.....lol