Value of a Miroku 200E

anser2

A friend has recently died and his widow wishes to sell his pair of Miroku 200E boxlock , 2 3\4 inch chambered 12 bores , but we have know what they are worth. One is in very good condition while the other has a number of scratches on the stock and some ware on the checkering and forend. Both barrels have good blueing and no pits. They have deep scroll across the bottom and sides of the action. Choked Improved cylinder and modified choke. However here comes the problem , they are cross over stocks , made for a left handed shooter with a right master eye. A web search failed to find this model and with the cross over stocks I am guessing they are going to be hard to sell. A gunshop has offered £500 for the pair , but I have a strong feeling they are worth a lot more . After all the gunshop has to sell them on. Has anyone any idea what they might be worth for the pair.

Edited by anser2

Are you sure they are Miroku 200E's?

Miroku made a 500E and SKB made a 200E.

Not sure where the strong feeling comes from. Gunshop has to make a profit and you need to find a buyer who wants both - cross-over stocks and all - and one with tired woodwork.

as above take the offer cross over stocks especially left handed to right eye are a real rarity but are they what anyone wants, I don't think the Miroku 500/200E boxlock was that sought after, yes of course they are worth a bit more than the trader has offered you but he is in business to make a few quid, couple of dealers on Guntrader asking £495 ish for a std Miroku 500E, they made the 200E gun for Parker Hale but these are std stocks not cross overs,

Take the money my friend, but push for a bit more the dealer may come up a bit,

Sorry I thought Miroku and SKB were the same firm. My mate always called them miroku,s , but its has SKB stamped on the barrel. I am well aware that the gunshop has to make a mark up and i have no problem with that , but I was bitten selling a gun to a gun shop for £250 only for them to sell it at £1200 so thougt I would ask around to see what people thought they were worth as I cant find them listed .

Edited by anser2

Sorry I thought Miroku and SKB were the same firm. My mate always called them miroku,s , but its has SKB stamped on the stock. I am well aware that the gunshop has to make a mark up and i have no problem with that , but I was bitten selling a gun to a gun shop for £250 only for them to sell it at £1200 so thougt I would ask around to see what people thought they were worth as I cant find them listed .

:no: SKB became BSA im sure :yes:

£500 the pair....standard good condition 200E BSA or SKB are £500 each the crossover makes them very very rare, but not massively valuable if they were crossover for right hand left master eye ( more common) then I would be interested I have my grandfathers200E had the wood refinished very tidy point able SxS