Apple Product fault and naff service.

rimfire4969

My daughters iPod touch has locked itself for 22 million minutes. Roughly 42 years!!! She has not used it of about a week, charged it this morning and it come up with the locked front cover with the message "the iPod touch has been disabled for 22585628 minutes"

This seems to be a known problem, but all the fixes I have tried don't quite work. Basicly I can't restore the thing, iTunes comes up with an error, I am looking into it and was in conversation with Apple. The local Apple shop could not fix it and gave me details of support to call.

I am an apple fan but I don't understand how they can charge me £25 for support that is a known problem with their product.

Maybe I won't buy that iPad this month.

You'll be excommunicated if you suggest Steve Jobs may not have been infallible, I hear the new Pope has already agreed in advance to defer to Apple in all matters in exchange for apple not pursuing a copyright claim against the crucifix as it is too close to a symbol someone employed by Steve Jobs' Nan's cleaner once considered using

I have found appe service to be quite good - when under warranty. I found the service on mt Nexus 7 Andoid tablet to be appalling. I have a faulty charger - they are unable to repace it without me returning the whole tablet, and me getting a whole new tablet back. What a PITA!

I have only ever used apple support once.

My iPhone 4s last summer decided to just stop working. The phone was only 3-4 months old.

I phoned them up they made me an appointment at the local apple store. (13 miles away) For a couple of days later. I went, They looked at the phone. Decided to give me a new one there and then (Good Job too) The new one has been great. No problems with it.

I found the service to be quite good. Even if IT did take an hour In store to sort it out. they were very busy.

I Have one of the First Gen ipads. I have own it new since 2010 Never had a bit of trouble with it. I Owned a iphone 3 and I never had any trouble with that, i have had about 4 ipods of different models and I have also never had any trouble with them But I do count myself as lucky. I have friends that have had lots of trouble with apple products. Never heard about problems with customer services before, But lots about faults on there products. And as you have said, the web is overflowing about apple products and there faults

i have a retina mbp with a faulty screen. apple say sure we can fix in in 7 days post it over and we will send it back.

i say what do i use in the meantime?

apple "thats not our problem"

i like their products but i wouldnt use them in some thing critical like business.

Edited by artschool

i have a retina mbp with a faulty screen. apple say sure we can fix in in 7 days post it over and we will send it back.

i say what do i use in the meantime?

apple "thats not our problem"

i like their products but i wouldnt use them in some thing critical like business.

Lol and dell will send you brand new one out next day....... For a massive fee! If in warranty the support in apple store is very good out of warranty it is expensive but very good ( also limited but a different story)

I am sorry to say that Apple are a terrible company with no morals. Child labour, manipulative sales techniques and patronising 'support'.

I think that is a bit unfair. They go out of their way to ensure their contractors do not use children - an issue for all companies who manufacture in China. As for manipulative sales? And patronising support? Hmmm...