Who's being conned...

Northern Monkey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't post a piccy, it was just a question, but I could find loads of photo's on the net with a bloke holding a fish @ arms length, claiming it weighs a few more pounds than it does, are there blaggers on this forum? I've been shooting since I was a boy, & would consider myself to be an average shot, however I find some of the claims of numbers a bit iffy, some peeps on here have a dozen red letter days every year..

only shot pigeons twice since getting my gun at the beginning of febuary, so no big bags

shot clays 4 times and im **** at those :lol:

Stick in there mate.. Go out there & enjoy what your doing, don't think your **** cos you ain't getting big bags, what you've got to realise is when it comes to hunting there are a lot of very competitive Alpha Males, who can be a bit creative with the truth, what you are shooting is about right for the time you've been shooting , don't be afraid to say you blanked, we've all been there... well the honest one have.....

I didn't post a piccy, it was just a question, but I could find loads of photo's on the net with a bloke holding a fish @ arms length, claiming it weighs a few more pounds than it does, are there blaggers on this forum? I've been shooting since I was a boy, & would consider myself to be an average shot, however I find some of the claims of numbers a bit iffy, some peeps on here have a dozen red letter days every year..

if a member puts a pic of a 100 birds on, why would you dispute it the proof is there

pc on here does shoot over a dozen 100 bird days on here and the pics are there to prove it,no double posting of pics from him, or myself and most members in fact

Edited by yickdaz

if a member puts a pic of a 100 birds on, why would you dispute it the proof is there

pc on here does shoot over a dozen 100 bird days on here and the pics are there to prove it,no double posting of pics from him, or myself and most members in fact

A newby shooter (washerboy) see's guys getting big bags, and drops it out cos he thinks he's ****, cos he see's guys getting big bags on here, it wasn't having a pop mate, if your legit with your numbers whats the problem... I was gonna try to explain but I can't be bothered, I think I've said it...

When someone on PW says they are an average shot, I always think 'How good is he' don't put yourself down Northern Monkey I know you are better than that. Not got the pictures to prove it but will change all that this year, have one in my gun bag all the time now (camera not picture).

People are not daft on here they know does & does not, and who can & who can't

Yeah we had rogue wilder beast sweeping majestically across the village green, dropped it with my 4.10 @ 80yds from a moving car...God shooting with the foxes, I did 11 @ 451yds..

Don't you mean you were shooting beer cans with some kids at 20 yards with your hushpower 4.10 and hit three out of three, Same thing in my book.

A newby shooter (washerboy) see's guys getting big bags, and drops it out cos he thinks he's ****, cos he see's guys getting big bags on here, it wasn't having a pop mate, if your legit with your numbers whats the problem... I was gonna try to explain but I can't be bothered, I think I've said it...

??? ???

I suspect there are some on here who stretch the truth a bit , you find them in all walks of life.....

But the guys on here who post good bags regulary ... PC, Motty etc. Have done the leg work , put the mileage in, found the right contacts and go often enough to get the right conditions on the right day..... the fact that they may be good shots and have good field craft probably also helps :good:

I'm sure the majority on here tell it straight.... and as such it should help us all, newbies included, to improve and learn....

Dave

I suspect there are some on here who stretch the truth a bit , you find them in all walks of life.....

But the guys on here who post good bags regulary ... PC, Motty etc. Have done the leg work , put the mileage in, found the right contacts and go often enough to get the right conditions on the right day..... the fact that they may be good shots and have good field craft probably also helps :good:

I'm sure the majority on here tell it straight.... and as such it should help us all, newbies included, to improve and learn....

Dave

I'm new to pw, but not to fishing & shooting, just throwing a few grenades in to test the water..

The best form of defence is attack!

I did shoot 7 Pigeon & 4 crows on the roost the other night all 21 of them were good shots with 35 of those hit with first shot & the other 25 getting it with the second barrel. I picked up 73 as it was dark and had to come back at daylight for the other 14 and was lucky that I took my gun as managed another 13 while picking up in the morning. Thats 100 if you can't count thats your problem, of course I have pictures to prove it but not putting them on here...camera problems.