Inspection

JohnFreeman1310

General safty & common sense, mine tried to pull cabinet of the wall by swinging on the door (sgc) & when inspecting a new cabinet for (fac) officer couldn't be bothered, he just looked didnt even ask for it to be opened to see the bolts(could of been just leaning against the wall for all he new)

Edited by Davyo

When I had my cabinet at my parents in my younger days two big burly lancashire firearms officers came to check my cabinet armed with a crowbar! He said if they could at all get the crowbar behind the cabinet that they would both have a good swing on it. My poor mum thought they would pull the house down. On the second visit 5 years later only one turned up and all he asked was if I could get him another pair of behind the counter lowa boots for when he's kicking doors in! Lol

Too many people panic about visits and inspections, beleive it or not there not trying to catch you out or stitch you up there generally on your side!

Royal

There are 3 FEO for Lancashire, Iv had the pleasure of meeting two. I had one visit last week as moved house. Top guy made him a brew had a chat, did the questions in about that, looked at storage etc. Was there about 1 hour. But it can take as little as 5 mins. Very helpful, and approachable.