Just had my FEO round for FAC

kennym

I have to say we are lucky in Cleveland, three weeks from submitting forms to interview

The FEO is a reasonable guy but no pushover, he asked all the questions that I as a gun user would want him to ask other potential gun owners, but at the same time was helpful, & made it fairly clear that he was approachable if I needed help/advice in the future.

very happy.

I have to say we are lucky in Cleveland, three weeks from submitting forms to interview

The FEO is a reasonable guy but no pushover, he asked all the questions that I as a gun user would want him to ask other potential gun owners, but at the same time was helpful, & made it fairly clear that he was approachable if I needed help/advice in the future.

very happy.

I really cringe when I hear people describe FEO's as "no pushover" but they "are approachable" and "helpful".

They jolly well should be helpful and approachable, that's what they are there for. It's about time we demanded good service from our firearms licensing team's and complained when we don't get it.

FEO's have no business being a pushover or not, that's not in their remit. The job of the FEO when doing the home visit is the final check to ensure the applicant has good reason to possess and that he is not barred from being granted a certificate or a danger to public safety.

Everyone who has good reason and is of good character must be granted a FAC.

It is totally wrong that new applicants such as yourself should be made to think you have to jump through hoops.

I really cringe when I hear people describe FEO's as "no pushover" but they "are approachable" and "helpful".

They jolly well should be helpful and approachable, that's what they are there for. It's about time we demanded good service from our firearms licensing team's and complained when we don't get it.

FEO's have no business being a pushover or not, that's not in their remit. The job of the FEO when doing the home visit is the final check to ensure the applicant has good reason to possess and that he is not barred from being granted a certificate or a danger to public safety.

It is totally wrong that new applicants such as yourself should be made to think you have to jump through hoops.

I see your point and respect it, maybe I worded it wrongly, I meant that I was pleased that he asked the questions he did and that it felt as if there was a standard to reach before being granted permission to own a firearm

I'm one of those people who likes our gun control laws & would really hate it if we were like the U.S, they think the way to stop high school shootings is to give the teachers guns, how can anyone fail to see the irony in that?

anyway i'm sure there are people who don't agree but hey I respect that

Absolutely. Agree totally.

J.

I see your point and respect it, maybe I worded it wrongly, I meant that I was pleased that he asked the questions he did and that it felt as if there was a standard to reach before being granted permission to own a firearm

I'm one of those people who likes our gun control laws & would really hate it if we were like the U.S, they think the way to stop high school shootings is to give the teachers guns, how can anyone fail to see the irony in that?

anyway i'm sure there are people who don't agree but hey I respect that

The standard you must reach is contained in the Firearms Act. Broadly speaking; you must not be a prohibited person, must demonstrate good reason (for sec.1 firearms) and must "in all the circumstances" be able to be entrusted with a firearm without being a danger to the public safety or the peace and that is all. It is not the police who set the standard you must meet and FAC/SGC applicants should understand that. Parliament set the standard decades ago.

You are not granted 'permission' to own a firearm because a FAC or SGC is not within the gift of the police or anyone else to give. If you meet the criteria set out in law then you must be granted the certificate.

J.

The standard you must reach is contained in the Firearms Act. Broadly speaking; you must not be a prohibited person, must demonstrate good reason (for sec.1 firearms) and must "in all the circumstances" be able to be entrusted with a firearm without being a danger to the public safety or the peace and that is all. It is not the police who set the standard you must meet and FAC/SGC applicants should understand that. Parliament set the standard decades ago.

You are not granted 'permission' to own a firearm because a FAC or SGC is not within the gift of the police or anyone else to give. If you meet the criteria set out in law then you must be granted the certificate.

J.

Not that i dont agree with what you say ,but what i see is a trend for the police in different areas to use their

Interpretation of the laws and maybe add one or two extra bits.

johnnie