FUEL PRICE ROBBERY AT TESCO!!

BRAD1927

you should never run on a near empty tank, no excuse for that. as for cheaper, maybe but buy say 50 lt. and save what? £1.50. and local garage goes down the swanney. anyway supermarket fuel is **** ask any decent mechanic.

my friend runs tankers out of immingham, he says the difference in the refined fuel oil is unbelievable, the old Russian tankers pull up with holes in the sides with the supermarket fuel wagons waiting to load whilst the big supertankers pull up from saudi etc with the oil to be refined for the bigger retailers tankers "enough said you buy cheap you pay twice" Edited by delburt0

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i just got a new fuel card Fuel Genie! Can now only use morrisons and tesco that means detours and the worst fuel on the market allegedly..........

allegedly so but I also have a fuel genie account and spend up to 5K a month on it and you know what never had a problem with any of the vehicles on it. These rumours have always been about but there is no substance to them just shows how good marketing is on making people feel better about paying more for their fuel.

A mate inspects tanks for a living and he rubbishes any claims that water is ever present in them it just can't happen with modern tanks and the inspections they have to go through.

Thoughts.... yup... I think you are being very naive and unfair to the manager who you 'embarrassed' into scuttling off....

Do you really think each branch of tesco pays for it's fuel by the tanker.... what do you think happens.. the manager keeps a wad of cash in the back, the fuel is delivered and then the pump price is dictated by how much cash was handed over!?

As has been said... fuel margins at supermarkets are marginal at best and loss leaders at worse, the price at the pump will be on constant watch for movements in the wholesale price Tesco are having to pay minute to minute..

Guess you work for tescos then............

As for being naive, its hardly a "loss" leader if they charge more than they paid for the load previous. Sharp business practice hidden by " manager speak"........ movements in wholesale price constantly watched minute by minute NOT. Check platts and look at wholesale prices over last 10 years....................

allegedly so but I also have a fuel genie account and spend up to 5K a month on it and you know what never had a problem with any of the vehicles

Interesting I have always achieved less miles per tank on morrisons fuel both in my car and current works van, as such I have avoided morrisons where possible typically a 5%~10% drop over a tank full. I'll see what happens main issue is lack of conveinient locations for me.

Guess you work for tescos then............

As for being naive, its hardly a "loss" leader if they charge more than they paid for the load previous. Sharp business practice hidden by " manager speak"........ movements in wholesale price constantly watched minute by minute NOT. Check platts and look at wholesale prices over last 10 years....................

Tesco are one of the largest fuel retailers in the country... They do not pay for fuel 'by the tanker load' they buy direct from the oil companies/refiners in MASSIVE bulk.. But it is a constant process... They don' say, right, we'll buy 10,000 gallons off you at £x and then when that runs out buy another load... It is a constant process. You are applying small business thinking to a massive concern. You can't run a business that big on the basis you are thinking... I think tescos are slightly out of the league of buying fuel at wholesale prices from platts who ever they are..

No.. Nothing to do with tesco or the oil industry but I do have a little bit of knowledge of how the markets work and how economies of scale dictate how goods and services are paid for and priced

Edited by Vipa

i just use cheery red @ £5quid for 25ltrs :good:

The only way you are buying red diesel for 20p a litre is if you are buying nicked stuff from a *****. Hopefully it is full of **** and you are a few miles away from breaking down in the middle of nowhere and looking for a replacement engine.

The only way you are buying red diesel for 20p a litre is if you are buying nicked stuff from a *****. Hopefully it is full of **** and you are a few miles away from breaking down in the middle of nowhere and looking for a replacement engine.

Well aren't you lovely :rolleyes:

on a side note it costs me £100 to fill my discovery tank 20L for £19.95

WHY SO NASTY ARE YOU ON YOUR PERIOD OR JUST AN ***HOLE.

He has a very good point at that price you are supporting crime as it sure isn't legit. No one can buy it legally at that price so in effect you are supporting the ****** and encouraging rural crime.

Edited by al4x

I know a farmer who has been robbed of his fuel 3 times, he disturbed them once and was threatened. His character has changed completly terrified incase they return and his grandkids are staying. Still who cares if it allows fuel to be available at 20p a litre.

He has a very good point at that price you are supporting crime as it sure isn't legit. No one can buy it legally at that price so in effect you are supporting the ****** and encouraging rural crime.

I see your point but still why so nasty there`s no need for it.

Read my post 45. And why have a pop at me.

You can get a point or opinion across without being nasty.

I have never run on red and never will it`s just not worth it.

I was looking at red diesel prices for my 70 ft Canal boat.

The joke is now if your filling your boat up at a boat yard.

If you fill the heating fuel tank up with red it`s 88p a lit.

If you fill the propulsion fuel tank up with red it`s £1.44 a lit. Out of the same pipe.

Some boat`s only have one fuel tank that feeds the heating and the engine so get charged £1.44 a lit.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

So you will know the diesel that was suggested would not only be red but stolen. Helping support diesel theft should be treated in a nasty way as lots of farmers are threatened and in the worst cases injured in the process of it being stolen

There's absolutely nothing wrong with bringing the value of petrol up before it's been delivered. It's still WORTH something underground and if the value of petrol steeply rises then the stuff they have in their storage tanks is also worth more.

Imagine you had a store of gold in your house. You'd be pretty angry if you could only sell it at the value you advertised it at 20 minutes ago... (If the market is in your favour :rolleyes: )

Edited by Billy.