Have you been Priced-Out of the sport?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general information note (loosely based on this post), the "Pay & Play" prices at Park Lodge have increased this week to 25p per clay for non-members, and to 22p per clay for members. Annual membership (start of April to end of March) has also increased to £85.

I gave up clay shooting for long time - thirty years ago when my kids were born ,just did,nt have the cash to spare but carried on rough shooting ,ferreting and wildfowling up to ten years ago ,

just starting clays again and bought my second ever o/u but only shooting on a friends farm at mo . buy shells and clays take them and shooting costs are just that ,would like to find a "proper clay " club locally at reasonable costs without any snobbery .

Just a general information note (loosely based on this post), the "Pay & Play" prices at Park Lodge have increased this week to 25p per clay for non-members, and to 22p per clay for members. Annual membership (start of April to end of March) has also increased to £85.

Kibworth is 21p/clay for members but there's no way I would pay the £85 you quoted for membership I think Kibworth is £40 and you can see value in that without having to shoot every single week.

I've managed to find a local haybailer that does 30 clays for £5 and you can use plastic wads which all helps. Everybody just mucks in to clean up afterwards (no livestock use field)

My local pay and play charge 29p per clay and then Comp X 21's for £4.00 or Superfast 27g for £4.50 which is resonable as there is no membership fee. Having said that I have to limit myself to a box of 25 and just make it last.

My shooting enjoyment has definatly deteriorated due to the increase in the price of everything

HOW MUCH??!!!!

forget that

I stumbled across a clay club on the Internet the other week , can't for the life of me remember where it was in the country but you pay a few thousand pounds(can't remember exact price) upfront for unlimited shooting per year, I worked it out roughly and it was a good deal if you shot there quite a few times a week there :)