Muntjac help needed please

taximan

Muntjac Stalkers,

I am in urgent need of a mature Muntjac Doe head, and neck skin for a taixidermy project. The deer/skin needs to be cut around behind the front legs, then ideally skinned up the neck a bit before cutting through the neck to release the head and skin together.

I am willing to pay the going rate, so if you can help with a fresh adult doe in the next week or so, please get in touch. I will take it frozen so makes it easier for posting.

Thanks a lot

taxi

name='Stealth Stalker' timestamp='1362648273' post='2091113']

I picked up a road kill adult doe for the ferrets on Tuesday its been hanging in the shed, could this be of use?

[/u]

Yes please if it is going

name='southdowns_stalking' timestamp='1362659725' post='2091318']

Where abouts are you taximan?

I am down on the south coast near southampton[/u]

Have you been sorted yet, didnt see a single munty but did shoot a Roe doe. Should be going on a Munty cull week tuesday, almost certain to get a doe.

Hi Redgum, Yes I would still like a mature munti doe head and skin. The cold weather seems to have pushed them deep into the bushes at the mo, however please get in touch if you do get one. Just dont cut it up the throat to remove the windpipe. No cuts ahead of the breast bone please.

Thanks

taxi

Edited by taximan

Going out sat for munty, and I only live down road, bournemouth.

Well if you get a Doe I would be really interested in the head and neck skin. That is close enough for me to pop over and skin it off. Please let me know if you get one. Thanks a lot, taximan

Hi Taximan,

Good result on the cull, eight munties and three Roe doe between three of us. We try and shoot pregnant and younger females in respect to any possible suffering to the little ones. The only doe I shot was a younger one, prob 3/4 grown ( around 7-9 months old). I won't skin it until this evening and if this fits your criteria I will skin it as per your instruction.

Have head with pelt skinned back behind shoulders, should be loads for a shoulder mount. In freezer, yours for price of postage, if your already sorted and don't want a 'spare' then let me know so I can make room to put the peas back before the wife notices they have already been defrosted once.