Car insurance con...

gixer1

I was renewing my insurance on compare the market and found the cheapest quote to be swinton - I clicked the "buy now" link and was greeted with the below message about being outside the UK (which I am not)

So I then called the number - at the end of the call I noticed that the quote had increased by £10 - this was as the girl "glossed" over the figure at 100mph - I asked her to stop and repeat the figure and then questioned why it was £10 more expensive - she said it was the admin charge - I explained that I had only called because of the error message I recieved - she commented that it didn't matter and that because she had checked all details they needed the additional £10 - I told her to stop and that I wouldn't be going on with the policy....she explained that as I had agreed to the quote (prior to her mentioning the higher figure) and given the card details that I would be held to this as the £10 is mentioned in the small print (as per below screenshot) - I had a minor hissy fit and asked to speak to someone higher up so...

Eventually after the usual "i'll talk to my supervisor" the charge was removed but it just shows that if you didn't take care you could get blagged for £10 due to thier web problem - not really cricket! watch yourself!

One good point is I saves 26% on my car insurance and 20% on my bike insurance!!

Regards,

Gixer

post-10812-0-07970200-1362667199_thumb.jpg

post-10812-0-36716900-1362667797_thumb.jpg

Auntie it makes you wonder how they come up with the price in the first place.

:good: To save £101.00 is good going, ill let you know when my insurance is due, you can sort em out :lol:

I always have a good ring round with anything i renew now , I ussually end up saving loads just by being cheeky or i get them to add extras for nothing if they wont budge off the price. T shirt here or an umbrella there, I always seem to scrounge something. from Auntie.

I always have a good ring round with anything i renew now , I ussually end up saving loads just by being cheeky or i get them to add extras for nothing if they wont budge off the price. T shirt here or an umbrella there, I always seem to scrounge something. from Auntie.

I have a quick look round and even if I dont find cheaper I ring and complain ....

Worked in insurance for nearly 10 years so know alot of the tricks