Finding dead deer!?! Any ideas?

fuffy1

• 2 months later...

Just to add to the confusion . Some time back my farmer friend asked me to come over to the farm to have a look at a red stag that was staggering about and lying down .

When I got there the stag was lying down and was obviously in a lot of discomfort . We decided that the proper thing to do was to put it out of its misery so I shot it . Because of the large number of cattle that were grazing on the meadows my friend was concerned as to why the deer was so ill .so he called in a vet to have a look at the beast .

We gutted the deer and the vet had a good poke around inside . When the beast was gutted it was obvious that the stomach was very bloated and was full of rape . To cut a long story short the vet decided that the deer had been eating to much rape and it had caused a toxic reaction to the beast and had in fact poisoned it .

Harnser .

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon it's not very likely that four animals should drop dead of liver fluke all within a couple of hundred yards over a four week period..........

Often with fluke the animal would be very obviously skinny too.

-Edit- Or maybe not, It doesn't seem to effect them quiet the same way it effects other species, perhaps fluke then?

Edited by Bleeh