Ralphster

Ive got Lowa desert elite for summer and Lowa Patrol for bad weather/winter. There outstanding bits of kit, incredibly hard wearing and so so comfortable. The Patrol are all gore tex so warm as ya like and incredibly water proof. Desert elites are superb for warmer dry weather although they do keep ya feet warm too in colder days.

They both have vibram soles which are bang on grippy as ya like.

I've seen them from surplus stores on ebay cheap as chips too.

Ive also got some danner recons (but they are far to good for stomping about in muck. Which is daft really thinking about it. There supposed to be some of the best boots money can buy!!) I use them for shows, drag racing days etc when on feet all day. There are by far and away the best boot I've had or seen.

Hope that is of some help bud.

I don't think you would go far wrong with anything from Meindl. Although i did read that because many of there boots are quite unforgiving they aren't the best for long duration treks, but i think by that they meant some serious hiking not beating.

yup the best of the best i use extreems

I don't think you would go far wrong with anything from Meindl. Although i did read that because many of there boots are quite unforgiving they aren't the best for long duration treks, but i think by that they meant some serious hiking not beating.

+1, iv had mine coming up 5 years, still like new, waterproof, great ankle support and very warm. MIne are the dovre extreme model, not cheap but worth every penny, iv been beating, shooting, hunting, ferreting and dug foxes and theyve never let me down. I wouldnt have anything else on my feet for country sports.