rib eye anyone?

goodo123

Went to my local on Friday and their was a group in their what had ordered food, when it came their was one bloke who kicked up a stink as he had ordered rib eye but was given rump (obv difference in price) the staff took his plate away then come back saying it was ribeye. Turns out this fella comes from a line of butchers. Now my question is how often does this happen? Is their any easy ways to tell your getting ripped off? Where would you stand if you refused to pay?

Im nay sure if you are saying the fella who came from a line of butchers said his steak that should have been ribeye got his plate taken away because he said it wasnt and then they came back and said it was ribeye so im nay sure if you are saying the butcher from the line was right or wrong or was the people that says it was ribeye and nay rump,obvious price difference,were right or wrong.

Either way,if the order was wrong i wouldnt pay.

i've been out of butchery now for over 11 years a few places i've eaten have tried fobbing me off with cheaper cuts, i allways comment and ask what cut is it as i asked for X,Y,Z type of steak.

I have refused to pay, walked out and on a few occasions even taken the bottle of wine for compensation,and told them why. It can be difficult to tell for those that would not know a bit of thick flank from a piece of tenderloin (fillet) or LMC for a piece of topside.

The best one was having fillet replaced by a slice of topside it was well funny at the time, i was with a fellow butcher having a meal before going out on the pop, we couldnt believe it.

It was soon changed and a free meal for both, the wally's didnt realise we actually supplied them with there meat, £300-400 worth of sirloin and hip-bone steak a week plus £150 of fillet.

Classic.

It is "Nowhere" by the way.

This happens to be a shooting forum, I believe you require this one.

http://able2know.org/forum/grammar/

well done :good: :good: :good:

i just ignored it :yes:

We should be grateful people still make the effort,it's not that dreadful texting drivel the youngsters use.

Not everyone is gifted at putting thoughts to print.

Use of the paragraph does make for easier reading, regardless of spelling mistakes. Lets not be to picky or folks won't bother posting :good:

Figgy

I went to a restaurant once and they had venison on the menu.

I asked the waitress what kind of venison it was, she said she didn't know but would ask the chef.

Told her don't worry and I ordered a steak, when she brought it I asked if she found out what venison it was and she replied " I didn't but of course venison is a baby cow"

Edited by Elby