Gazza's home

unapalomablanca

I genuinely hope he conquers his demons and stays sober. Sadly, judging by his past record, I suspect he won't.

I agree about his mates, but he needs the right ones. The ones who keep him off booze - as opposed to the hangers on who must have bought him drinks when they shouldn't or had a few freebies from him.

I genuinely hope he conquers his demons and stays sober. Sadly, judging by his past record, I suspect he won't.

I agree about his mates, but he needs the right ones. The ones who keep him off booze - as opposed to the hangers on who must have bought him drinks when they shouldn't or had a few freebies from him.

Sorry to say I agree, I remember watching him at Italia 90 & the Euros & cant help thinking "what a waste", I feel sorry for him but he's on the same road as George Best & the same fate awaits him at the end of it. Desperately sad.

Send him a bottle of scotch as a welcome home present....LOL

Moron

Edited by PLH1966

A couple of years ago we were changing the flooring in the common parts of a block of flats where Gazza lived. One of the lads was working on a landing when the lift opened and there was Gazza, he said `by your a big lad do you work the doors ? ` the lad told him he did and Gazza gave him £ 20 and said `well watch mine ` then went inside. I wonder how many times he gave money away like that ?

Im afraid I dont think he has been in rehab long enough,

Sad as it seems I think he needed to be away for at least a year to get himself completley clear,

I give it 6 months before he is back on the booze, he has never had the support network

:shaun:

true legend of a footballer and we never got the best of his talent due to the drink, I agree he should have been in there 5-6 months at least i give it 2 months

met him many a time and the bloke is honestly one of the most giving people you could meet, problem is he gave too much and others took the pee

Edited by maxus77

not funny at all and you seem like to never dealt with someone that has issues with alcohol or substances

Yep...you're right....can't stand junkies n **** heads....got no sympathy for them....no one forced them to drink the ale or inject the drugs...only got themselves to blame in my book.

I work with homeless Drug Abusers/users and alcoholics.

I wish him all the best with his demons!

It's often not how long you stay in rehab or detox it's down to will power and a good support network.

Get shot of the hangers on and attend your therapy/AA/whatever works for you!

Lawson (would not change my job for all the tea in China!)

Good on you amishboy :good:

I wish the lad all the luck in the world I really do! Sadly I fear the worst for him :(

Having lost a family member to drink I can only hope that you Mk1man never need to experience that!! Your comments are at best insensitive and at worst uneducated!

wish him well, at least he is aware of the problem and trying to rectify it which is part of the battle - usually there is an underlying reason behind the drink/drug abuse - people just dont decide i'm going to be an alkie/junkie from now on - atb - regards

Yep...you're right....can't stand junkies n **** heads....got no sympathy for them....no one forced them to drink the ale or inject the drugs...only got themselves to blame in my book.

I use to have the same view till I spent time with a few it's j lifestyle that is very easy to fall into

George Best could be seen any day of the week in the Phene Arms in Chelsea, fans used to come and see him in droves, have their photos taken with him and buy him drinks. Always a glass of white wine, he would drink twenty or more in a session easily. They didn't do him any good at all.

Since he died the pub has gone bust, although it hasn't closed. Hugh Grant, Mark Knopfler and Sol Campbell are regulars who have signed a petition to keep it open. Bryan Adams lives a few streets away but he bought the pub next to where he lives on Cheyne Walk and closed it down so I can't see him getting too involved.

Edited by Vince Green

In my opinion he was an English lad who found fame through his talent as a footballer. If asked he would have died for the team, England. What he could not handle is the Money and the fame.

To get on my soap box for a bit The second WW a great many gave there lifes for England, The Falklands again normal squaddies were itching to fight for England and currently Lads out in the Middle East wanting to do thier bit for England.

I often wonder if a normal working class lad won 5 million on the lottery what would you do after youve sorted the famliy out , had the car and the house and then bought all the things you think you need, what next ? boose / drugs?

Chaps! We are getting rude with each other now! Let's be gentlemen and agree to disagree instead of sniping and bitching at each other.

I totally disagree with the condemming of Gazza but respect the right to other's opinnions re Gazza providing it is done in a respectful way.

Let's let sleeping dogs lie on this and agree to disagree.

Respectfully

Lawson

Chaps! We are getting rude with each other now! Let's be gentlemen and agree to disagree instead of sniping and bitching at each other.

I totally disagree with the condemming of Gazza but respect the right to other's opinnions re Gazza providing it is done in a respectful way.

Let's let sleeping dogs lie on this and agree to disagree.

Respectfully

Lawson

Are Amish folks allowed to do drugs and drink liquer?