Me weapon

Yorkshire Pudding

Nah its ok, i was just wondering.

We've basically done the air cylinders and valves, when my old man gets back from on holiday he's going to machine a tool so we can start on the breech block (around the time we need a deposite, but no need to get the cheque (had to get me fancy dictionary out for that one!) book out yet), after that we start work on the trigger mechanism (and that one) making it out of hard steel (bit of a cow).

Things are happening, slowly but they are!

Cranners

Its a Rizzini as to the model . i'm not sure . It was the only left-handed gun , the local gun dealer had in , under a grand . It fitted well so i bought it .

It was customised by a place called Hydrographics in gods own county .

all the best yis yp :blink:

please note i have edited my 1st post as i was a bit twited and got the make of my own gun wrong lol

Hi all, newbie here, I own a Baikal O/U 12G, as first gun (only had cert for 3 months) and as a low buget gun I've no probs with it, it just seems to miss everthing I point at it :beer:

As a nearly yorkshireman (from NE Derbyshire and proud :lol: ) I'm always worried about my pocket, I got no complaints about the gun for a cheap one, but I'm sure I'll move onto a "proper" one later on or even a rimfire if I feel flush.

All the best

Top forum

Rob

I shot a Baikal O/U for about 5 years.

Apart from the fact it was a bit heavy, I enjoyed using it and shot well with it.

The wood to metal fit, was better than more expensive guns, I,ve owned since.

All this was about 25 years ago and I,m sure they have even improved since then.

I,m not sure there are any bad shotguns on the market nowadays, just some better than others. :lol:

The Baikal cartridges were rubbish though.

A recoil like a mule, no ear protection meant ringing ears for days and a heap of rubbish flew out the barrel when you pulled the trigger.

When I first used them for evening duck flighting, the 3 foot of flame and glowing embers rushing up in to the sky, made me think they were tracers. :beer:

I hope their cartridges have improved as well. :lol:

Hey don't knock Baikals, as an ex keeper they proved good value. You don't want a good gun thats out in all weathers, gets chucked in the back of a landy. I still have two in the cabinet, 1> 26in sst ej o/u 12 bore. 2>single barrel 410.

They both get used, and i wouldn't like to put a figure on the amount of vermin that the 12bore has taken over the years.

If you can shoot well with a baikal and shoot rubbish with a purdey what gun would you use the most?:beer:?

I'm lucky i can shoot with any of my guns and am not wedded to just one of them.

At the end of the day it's just like desinger labels. :lol:

Crow Misser you will probably find that your missing through the same reasonn I was missing with my Baikal, the chokes they are to tight I shoot xtra full through my mossy now and the baikal was tighter than that I got mine loosend of and now I can't miss with it.

Cranfield the cartridges are o.k now I use them quite regular and they do the job, at a good price.