Coat for my Viz

andy198712

I use a Hotterdog fleece jumper bought off Evilbay on my Viz. They fit really well on a bigger viz like mine - got it 2 years old now and still very serviceable.

He has it on on cold evenings when he's sat out in the barn with me or just back in the car after a shoot.

It was about £25 so I'm guessing it was a large size - just double check your dog's measurements though. They are expensive, but worth it.

i looked at the Hotterdog and Equafleece at crufts and thought they were both pretty poor quality in terms of the fleece material for the price

I don't think it's having a dense fleece to keep the dog warm that helps, the fleece has to wick water from the dogs coat to the outside of the fleece. I have had a handful of Equafleeces for a few years and the quality seems fine in terms of them holding together and they seem to do the job for the dogs.

op- Equafleece all the way. made in england from polartec fleece, they size in inches for an exact fit and will wick moisture from a wet dog.

i looked at the Hotterdog and Equafleece at crufts and thought they were both pretty poor quality in terms of the fleece material for the price

Where you looking at the correct product ? the equafleece products are made from polar tec fleece and well cut and sewn . my dog has one that is 4 years old , is well worn, has been through the washing machine many time and is still going strong !

For wildfowling I use either Cabela's neoprene or Rivers West vests which are perfect for water retrieves,they also offer chest protection for the dog when crossing fences. Rivers West vest is the best fit I have found for HPRs, the Cabela's vest took a lot of alteration.