Falklands....will it all kick off again?

Mk1 Man

So they've had a vote, and decided that they'd like to stay under UK sovereignty...and you'd like to think that'd be the end of it...But

Nope...Mr. Corned Beef says no....that vote is meaningless and wants the UK to talk with them.

Nowt to discuss, says HM Gov......

Mr Corned Beef says the UN should make us talk to them even though they can't and won't.

Tittle tattle of the highest order... just like a big kid snitching on his little brother,,,,,."Right then...I'm telling Dad" LOL

Edited by Mk1 Man

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so daft. The falkland islands were british even before argentina was a country. It's like us saying to spain, we want menorca as we like the look of it, or the french demanding talks over jersey as they like the milk and jersey royals. This isnt like when we returned hong kong to the chinese when the lease was up, there has never been any argentine ownership of the falklands. People say, but its 10000 miles away, well buenos aires is 1000 miles away which aint a little walk. I mean the canaries are miles from spain but you dont hear africans demanding tenerife. Just rubbish thats best ignored. They dont want to talk war as the military has been having plenty of practice these last few years, i remember 1982, they thought they could invade, plant their flag and terrorise the locals. Stick to producing footballers you silly argies.

I predict North Korea and Argentina will join forces and start a twin pronged attack on the United Kingdom opening up a two front war. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted this idea given the sound military leadership at work in these 2 countries and also they are madder than a mad thing that is really quite mad.

I predict North Korea and Argentina will join forces and start a twin pronged attack on the United Kingdom opening up a two front war. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted this idea given the sound military leadership at work in these 2 countries and also they are madder than a mad thing that is really quite mad.

Lol +1

It's just political swordplay, I doubt there will be any conflict.

I thought that when the buzo tactico invaded, agreed though, I can't see them entering another conflict, especially when they haven't really moved on from the 80's, with shared navy, the French will kick their ***. So impressed with the way Mali was handled (militarily wise), they've not answered to the UN for that.

Its so antiquated, the cold war is over, I did a OU module on the prescriptions of nuclear war, that is what the falklands was useful for.

Just to change this round a little could we afford to start another war ?

we never started the last one, they did

whilst we are really in no position to go back, we WOULD if needed,

however the Argy bargies are in a worse position financially than we are,

its just vote getting sabre rattling from her

:shaun:

when i was in the army we got put on standby during the middle,late 90s for the falklands nothing ever came of it im still call up list think i better start getting rid of a few pounds,,,,,(stones)

on a serious note on what ive seen i dont think the argies are going to let it go!!

Argentina was in recession during 1982 and Galtieri decided in his infinite wisdom that invading the Falklands would take the publics mind off their poo economy.Fast forward several decades to now and what a suprise they're in deep recession and sabre rattling again.

I did read somewhere that Argentina could only currently afford to be at war for something like 20 days and that would be fighting a far less worthy opponent hence why they're going the political route this time.This wont come to war,but they will try to get as many other countries on their side.

As long as there is a pound (peso) to be made it won't be the end of it, but I don't think it would go to war. On the cost of a war( and lighter note) if we covered it (falklands) in sand we could just use the gear from afghan saves a few quid and by all accounts we have a load spare :)

Start saving Tescos carrier bags (It's the only carriers we've got left) because those desert wellies in QM stores are not very waterproof.

I remember as a kid putting carrier bags on my feet then putting my shoes so my feet didn't get wet. Lol I just had a image of load of soldiers trying to sneak up on the enemy, with the rustle of carrier bags.

Just to change this round a little could we afford to start another war ?

We didn't start the 1982 war, Argentina did. If it does happen again, we probably won't be starting it either.

And while our military has been cut, Argentina isn't doing brilliantly either.