squirrel dray bashing with the boys

swiss.tony

What a fantastic day out we have had today got invite of pigeonblasterian AKA Ian for a day out on the drays we started of early 8am on a very nice sunny morning but very

​cold minus 3 on display in car any way Ian and dobin 66 aka Ian turned up at 7.58 am now that's time ing.

Any we started of in a small wood about half a mile long lots of drays we were poking a lot of them at 1st

​but most were far to high so we change to shooting them miles easier 1st few nothing then 2 big males bolted

for the hills soon too be dispatched with number 5"s at 30 yards stone dead and down they came . Had

​a few more in between mega heavy snow flury"s making us look like snow men stopped for dinner in barn

bit warmer in there .

After lunch we upped are game plan to take them by stealth and ninja cunning ian 2 started the ball rolling

with a cracking double at 25 and 30 yards to take the lead for best shot of the day only to be beat in the

last die ing half hr by me with a triple and be they slate me it was with stolen cartridges but i don't care its

​was 3 for one squirrel dray we ended the day with 17 massive squirrels and 3 very happy chappys

with massive smiles on are very cold faces iv just done 45 mins in bath to get warm.

Massive thanks too the both ians for a cracking laugh and good sport day will keep the cartridge count

a secret as the numbers were not great for kills

thanks again lads very tired swissy

post-23051-0-52237200-1363115679_thumb.jpg

post-23051-0-38239100-1363115688_thumb.jpg

post-23051-0-40741400-1363115696_thumb.jpg

Edited by swiss.tony

It was a good fun day out and lot better than being sat in the house.But as the saying goes,when the going gets tough the tough get going.

That is except the passenger in the back of the van who was moaning about the seating arrangements. What do people expect a cushion. :no:

Must have walked some miles today and i am sure we will feel the after effects tomorrow morning. :good:

One of the best things about today was the number of woodcock that were flying about.

Really nice to see so many.

Edited by pigeonblasterian