Parking Ticket Grrr

pimpkiller

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the thing that bugging me though, the "big" sign with the "contract" on wasnt anywhere near the entrance to the carpark.

It wouldn't necessarily need to be, especially if the car park was separated into different parts some of which weren't chargable. The important thing is that the signage (or other factors) were sufficient for both parties to conclude a contract. So, you could have a sign on each bay that carried a charge or a sign upon entering a particular part of the premises.

If the sign containing the contract terms was away from the area in which you had to pay then it would seem likely that a contract may not have been properly concluded.

J.

OK, I'll keep it going then...........

So, how do they establish the name / identity / contact details of the person who failed to uphold the contract?

they can't simple fact, they would take the action against the registered keeper but as far as I know you wouldn't need to supply them with the driver details

OK, I'll keep it going then...........

So, how do they establish the name / identity / contact details of the person who failed to uphold the contract?

Well, that's the thing. It's for them to do that. If they can do though then the contract will be enforcible.

The point is though that you can never simply assume that a contract like that cannot be enforces just because doiing so may be difficult because it may not actually be as difficult as you think. If they have your reg details and a picture of who drove the car into the car park then it's probably quite easy to establish who the contractual party was. It may cost them a bit to do that but that doesn't mean they won't try it. The thing is, if they manage to do that then ehy may have a good cause to add those costs on to any claim as it may be seen by a court that you were being unhelpful or obstructive in avoiding your contractual obligations.

J.

Ok after listening here and doing a bit of research i am going to bite the bullet and ignore it, im bricking it, never done anything like this before but that car park has really ticked me off, its obviously designed to trick people then milk them dry.

thanks all :)

this system has featured in our local paper where i live and your right its just a receipt,they,ll keep telling you that you have to pay,so if they threaten you just tell them to take you to court,an old guy did it here and beat em.