Zinc Pellets

Theskyfox

Hi all,

I was speaking on the phone earlier to Brocock with regards to service/performance of the Enigma....they recommend that I get the new Zinc pellets which are coming out. The guy I spoke to reckon they were a great fit and incredibly accurate + envionmentally friendly. Has anyone had any experience of these? I can see they are more expensive (I don't mind that) but namely if anyone has had any experience of the TAC-2 Pellets I would be very interested to hear from you (mainly 22 cal please).

Thanks,

-Andrew

TAC-2's are made of the same stuff as other Dynamics made by Prometheus.

I used .22 Dynamics in my rifle, and found them a little pricey for barrel cleaners* :ernyha:

Stick with lead, Its been used for hundreds of years, infact the second matiriel after stone musket balls. Never had problems with a good lead pellet, and a lot cheaper to.

I think these Dynamics are just ripping people off their good money, when you can buy two tins of standard pellets for the same price as a tub of Dynamics.

* Very tight apon closing the bolt, indicating a tight fit, with less flex like lead. Also long and wont fit in all mags..

Ok I decided to not bother with the TAC2s and decided to give the Logun Penetrators another run. Initially I hadn't had much luck with the Loguns, but today I got some superb results such as 9 shots within a 5 pence piece! Turns out it was just my bad technique...need to hold on to the target for that little bit longer as Im following through. 10/10 for them so far....I'm gonna take them hunting on saturday and see how they perform. If they stay consistent then I'll stick with them in 22 (16 grain) =)

-Andrew