Just come back from the newly opened/ newly managed Broomhills.

Still in the process of being built, but i was very impressed. Already have seven stands open, with that set to increase in the coming months. The paths between the stands have all been re done so its less muddy which is a bonus!

There is shooting now going out onto the fields behind the woods behind the club house. High towers are operational again for two stands. There is a promatic card system, so delay option available for solo shooters.

People there seem friendly too.. The shop has all been re done, new windows and entrance etc... Quite a number of new/ s-h o/u &s/s available to buy. Bulk cartridge deals available too, limited clothing stock and various cleaning accessories etc...

Saturday rate is 40p a clay, weekday rate 30p a clay. Members rate is 28p a clay for weekdays and weekends. Membership they said was £150, but if you can join with someone else, you can get for £100 each. So potentially might join if someone else wants to here... Apparently when you join you get option of 100 free clays or a lesson...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, it is more expensive than before. i mentioned to one of the staff that I hope it does not go the way that other gun maker owned grounds have gone (ej churchills / hollad holland) ie pricing out most shooters!

he assured me that the set up would remain very much in the capacity of a relaxed ,pay for what you use sort of ground

saw your post on codicote too.. that's definitely worth going to.. i cant make this week's one, but i went for the first time a few weeks back without knowing anyone and the people there are very welcoming.. i am not hitting very many clays yet.. but it did not matter!

Edited by hgill92

40p is ok if the birds/layout are good enough. I'll give it a go as it's not far away and can't be any worse than the lot that had it before. 28p is much more favourable and you'd only need to go 10 times to make it worthwhile (as a member).

Have they got a new website at all?

Edited by huffhuff

40p is ok if the birds/layout are good enough. I'll give it a go as it's not far away and can't be any worse than the lot that had it before. 28p is much more favourable and you'd only need to go 10 times to make it worthwhile (as a member).

Have they got a new website at all?

They do not have a website up and running yet i don't think, but if they do get one, i assume it will be on here http://www.agl-uk.com/

i pay 21p a clay + 15p a cart at cambs gun club i would never pay 40p a clay +15p for each cart thats 55p every time i pull the trigger ******* hell

I know the farms/ weekend shoots tend to be cheaper (which is what i assume cambs gun club is?), but i think the convenience of going to a ground at any time, shooting as many or as little clays as you like and generally less pressure is something worth paying for?

Sounds worth trying if the towers and fields are back in use. 40p though it had better be bloody good

do not go in with the mind set of comparing it to sporting targets in bedford. went there the other day, now that place is "bloody good"!!

They do not have a website up and running yet i don't think, but if they do get one, i assume it will be on here http://www.agl-uk.com/

I know the farms/ weekend shoots tend to be cheaper (which is what i assume cambs gun club is?), but i think the convenience of going to a ground at any time, shooting as many or as little clays as you like and generally less pressure is something worth paying for?

do not go in with the mind set of comparing it to sporting targets in bedford. went there the other day, now that place is "bloody good"!!

Cambridge Gun Club is far from a Farm shoot. A shed load of money has been invested in the Shooting Club, and it is well worth a visit.

Cambridge Gun Club is far from a Farm shoot. A shed load of money has been invested in the Shooting Club, and it is well worth a visit.

will take a look if i can get up to it, does look good from the website actually

i'm just glad i found codicote and redbournbury near me as they are very convenient grounds. Also happy with broomhills being back open for general usage when i cant get to the others and to get some practice in!

Thanks for the positive comments.

Yes Broomhills has reopened as the Atkin Grant & Lang Shooting School. Our web site will be up shortly at www.agl-uk.com

We are open Tuesday to Saturday 9 to 5 and on Sunday 10.30 to 1.30.

We have 7 stands open this week and will be building up to 12 stands all with promatic and claymate. we are now back to using the full 48 acres so will have a lot more variety and scope than the last operator.

Price per clay is 28p for members on any day and 30p per clay for non members Tuesday to Friday and 40p per clay for non members at the weekend.

Membership is £150 per person with discounts if 2 or more sign up together. Membership at AGL also gets you members rates at the Oxfordshire Shooting School www.theoxfordshireshootingschool.com

At 40p a clay, 100 clays is £40 - I can go shoot a CPSA competition with manned stands for £35.

It does seem a little over priced.

With Park Lodge at 22p (latest place I shot at) a clay, it's twice the price, effectively, on a Saturday ?

That prices me out the market I'm afraid - it's a shame as this and Oxford would be pretty local to where I've moved but I'm not that rich! Be cheaper to drive to Yorkshire and still use Park Lodge!

At 40p a clay, 100 clays is £40 - I can go shoot a CPSA competition with manned stands for £35.

It does seem a little over priced.

With Park Lodge at 22p (latest place I shot at) a clay, it's twice the price, effectively, on a Saturday ?

That prices me out the market I'm afraid - it's a shame as this and Oxford would be pretty local to where I've moved but I'm not that rich! Be cheaper to drive to Yorkshire and still use Park Lodge!

Have you tried www.greenfieldentertainment.co.uk? They're at Magnolia Park Golf and Country Club in Boarstall. I was due to go there last weekend but got snowed off, not sure what their prices are but it might be worth a look.

AB