I went up to the AGL Shooting ground today, and was pleasantly surprised but what I saw.

The ground has been tidied up , still plenty more to do but the commitment is there.

The new stands being built are substantial, with Grouse Butts being built in the adjoining fields.

The new shop is smart.

The footpaths are a bit uneven, but that is to be expected with everything that is going on.

Trees are being cleared and this has made a real difference.

I think there are 7/8 stands open at the moment including one high tower, with more stands due to come into to play on a regular basis.

The ground will be more aimed at Game Shooters, but with plenty to keep Clay Shooters happy.

I believe all newcomers will receive an extra 25 clays free on their first visit

Edited by bakerboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday and I was impressed with the improvements so far , shop was new and clean, helpful happy staff and the new stands and electronic system were all good, the prices seemed about average for shooting in this neck of the woods but I'm a novice so haven't been to many grounds , if anybody fancies meeting a novice shooter and offering a few pointers/drinking some tea etc. please let me know as I have only shot clays 3 times now, have my own gun to use but in my own words would struggle to hit a barn door ATM :-)

Regards

Paul

Thanks for the positive comments.

Yes Broomhills has reopened as the Atkin Grant & Lang Shooting School. Our web site will be up shortly at www.agl-uk.com

We are open Tuesday to Saturday 9 to 5 and on Sunday 10.30 to 1.30.

We have 7 stands open this week and will be building up to 12 stands all with promatic and claymate. we are now back to using the full 48 acres so will have a lot more variety and scope than the last operator.

Price per clay is 28p for members on any day and 30p per clay for non members Tuesday to Friday and 40p per clay for non members at the weekend.

Membership is £150 per person with discounts if 2 or more sign up together. Membership at AGL also gets you members rates at the Oxfordshire Shooting School www.theoxfordshireshootingschool.com

Hi can you advise on what other membership benefits you get for the £150 fee apart from the tuppence per clay discount in the week and the 12p per clay discount at the weekend.

Cheers

Hi can you advise on what other membership benefits you get for the £150 fee apart from the tuppence per clay discount in the week and the 12p per clay discount at the weekend.

Cheers

Doh! just seen website info - Price midweek non member clays now 33p each???!!!!

Atkin Grant & Lang Shooting Ground Tariffs

Single Membership Two or more Junior Annual Membership £150 Single £100/per person £85.00

Membership advantages

• Free 1 hour lesson or 100 free clays on joining
  • Reduced rates on all shooting
  • Free membership of The Oxfordshire Shooting School
  • 15% of all clothing, footwear and accessories from AGL and Francis Lovel & Co
  • All cartridges purchased at the 1000 rate
  • Two free members shoots per year

Tuition Member Non Member One hour weekday £50 £65 One hour weekend £65 £75 Junior weekday £35 £45 Junior Weekend £50 £60 Course of six lessons £250 £300 Gun Fitting two hours £150 £175 Shared lesson (Additional per person) £20 £20 "Have a go" £25 £25

Clays and Cartridges Midweek Clays £0.28p £0.33p Weekend Clays £0.28p £0.40p Club cartridges/box £5.50 £6.95

I asked about that but the chap wasn't completely sure. But he thinks it's a closed shoot day for members only, 50/60 birds. But he'd have to ring the Oxford ground to ask.

So in my head, you pay £100 and get your first 100 birds free (or have a lesson that would normally cost £55). Then add to that the two free member shoots and you're almost getting your money back. With the added bonus of the shooting cost coming down to a more acceptable level. On top of that is the 15% discount on anything bought in the shop plus 1000 rates on cartridges. It's a no brainier for me...as based on that 1 visit, I know I'll be going back lots through the summer

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they still have the section 11 exemption? I would give them a ring but they shut at 5, I'm planning on taking a couple of non certificate holder mates down with me tomorrow (they have both shot there with me when it was broomhills). Thanks

Does anyone know if they still have the section 11 exemption? I would give them a ring but they shut at 5, I'm planning on taking a couple of non certificate holder mates down with me tomorrow (they have both shot there with me when it was broomhills). Thanks

I think they allow a maximum of 2 non SGC holders per SGC holder if I recall correctly