Hypa-Flaps for Rotary

They have a short piece of metal tube inline with the decoy that has a thumb screw on it so a rotary arm with a 90' bend on the tip just needs to come in from the back and be tightened up.

Very good bits of kit and far more robust than you would think.

Thanks for that.

My rotary is an old N&S Supplies one that only has straight firbre glass arms, with a small hole near the end that the wire cradle slips through, so no 90' bend. I suppose I could bodge a fitting though.

I do like the look of the hypa flaps but don't want to spend £40 if they aren't compatible.

Edited by Dave Wright

I was also disappointed when I received mine at first with the quality but have to admit I am impressed with them when in use, they look really good in the right conditions with the wings flapping.

First impressions were they won't last 5 minutes but they seem to be well built on closer inspection.

They are however useless in windy conditions, I have just made som thicker rods out of 3mm fibreglass for when its windy but have yet to test them.

for price there very poorly made dead birds knock spot off them and there free

I personally think they are ok, and are good for when you accidentally sell all of your dead birds.

I rarely use mine, but i've shot a couple of 200+ bags using them.

hawkeye and myself were sent a pair each free gratis to try out, this was years ago when UK shootwarehouse first started to sell them, I still use them, as though at first glance you may think they are fragile, believe me looked after they really last, in fact I rarely bother to use real birds and I HAVE had big bags with hypa's oh and as for high winds then the bouncers come out, no one thing will fit all conditions fact.

KW

• 3 weeks later...

Hypers are great, had good success with them. Had mine two years now, bit battered and pellet damaged and the thumb screw thread has badly worn, but used hyper as bouncer instead from length of flexible stick. works well in the wind for both. Def need replacing though.

Hypers are great, had good success with them. Had mine two years now, bit battered and pellet damaged and the thumb screw thread has badly worn, but used hyper as bouncer instead from length of flexible stick. works well in the wind for both. Def need replacing though.

My last pair ( bough this year) were supplied with half rods, which went from wing tip to body on each side, (my first pair bought last year, had one rod, wing tip to wing tip passing through the body) the half rods kept falling out :blush:. The metal body bar, to tube fixing, had only got one little spot weld and both birds twisted and broke off. I phoned U.K. Shoot Warehouse and the guy I spoke to, with out any hesitation, said send them back, they were replaced very quickly, this time with a very strong plastic fitting and at my request, the long rods. Only loss was I had ordered extra rods with my last pair bought, and they were not replaced :no: , no big deal. I, as has been said, use mine on floaters if the wind is being too silly :oops: , great product :yahoo: , Gel.

Edited by flyshooter