Does anyone use/wear 5.11 clothing?

IXI KARL IXI

Yeah 5.10 is a climbing brand, for climbing shoes I use scrapa forces and moon clothing. 5.11 is a tactical clothing company used a bit in America as far as I can see. Some good American reviews but never seen many uk reviews. Cheers for the responses chaps I've got a pair on order now. I have a couple of pairs of kiwi pants but fancied a change from surplus gear or craghoppers

I was looking to buy some 5.11 Tactical Mens Taclite Pro Pants wondered if anyone has any experience with the brand.

I have had Taclites (Poly cotton) and Taclite Pros... both good but VERY high waisted (long crotch, in an old fashioned sort of way!) very good clothing range, well made, durable etc.. all of my polo shirts are 5.11.. got about 8 of them.. also wear their boots and I've got a Sabre 2 jacket...Look at the Stryker pants though.. they are more expensive but boy are they comfy, now have 3 pairs and day to day, if I'm not in a suit I'll be in a pair of those.. The others are now resigned to decorating and gardening wear! They look smarter than any of the other pants in the range, are just as durable (if not more so) and ultra comfy (and NOT high waisted!)... all down to their unique stretch ripstop fabric...Can't recommend them enough!

Edited by Vipa

I have had Taclites (Poly cotton) and Taclite Pros... both good but VERY high waisted (long crotch, in an old fashioned sort of way!) very good clothing range, well made, durable etc.. all of my polo shirts are 5.11.. got about 8 of them.. also wear their boots and I've got a Sabre 2 jacket...Look at the Stryker pants though.. they are more expensive but boy are they comfy, now have 3 pairs and day to day, if I'm not in a suit I'll be in a pair of those.. The others are now resigned to decorating and gardening wear! They look smarter than any of the other pants in the range, are just as durable (if not more so) and ultra comfy (and NOT high waisted!)... all down to their unique stretch ripstop fabric...Can't recommend them enough!

Am a bit worried now about the high waist band now fingers crossed they aren't to bad, I was after them as causal/ walking. I like pants a big baggy and low (these maybe just field pants). I liked the look of the polo shirts and other gear as well. I fancy a new jacket as well

Have you ordered from this site before? Just wondering what they where like

Yep, that's where I get most of my gear, very good but sometimes a bit slow... the site makes out they have everything in stock... I'm not so sure! the other one I use who are very good are www.tactical-kit.co.uk they seem to be more honest about their stock levels, are very fast and great service over the phone.. can be cheaper than nightgear too..Honest opinion... when you get the pants, send them straight back and order the Strykers instead! :yes:

Pants came today and am very very impressed. Fit canny as well. Off to kielder at the weekend for a walk with the kids and Saturday and these will get a test. Going to order a couple more pairs of pants, going to try a pair of the Stryker as well. If the rest of the 5.11 range is as good as the pants I can see me buying a lot, would recommend these to anyone very highly as well. Will try mentioned website as well as uttings only have a limited range

Edited by IXI KARL IXI

Pants came today and am very very impressed. Fit canny as well. Off to kielder at the weekend for a walk with the kids and Saturday and these will get a test. Going to order a couple more pairs of pants, going to try a pair of the Stryker as well. If the rest of the 5.11 range is as good as the pants I can see me buying a lot, would recommend these to anyone very highly as well. Will try mentioned website as well as uttings only have a limited range

Glad you like em... It's all very very good quality gear.. A lot of it is US Law Enforcement work wear so has to be up to the job

Yeah vipa I couldn't believe how good. I ve had gear that is ment to be the best, but falls short. These pants tho feel really robust. At home in the field or sitting in the pub. Am going to order the pants you had mentioned. am also ordering a few t shirts and Polos to replace some work gear and weekend stuff. Never mind paying for good gear, but getting good gear at a great price is fantastic IMHO :)

Yeah vipa I couldn't believe how good. I ve had gear that is ment to be the best, but falls short. These pants tho feel really robust. At home in the field or sitting in the pub. Am going to order the pants you had mentioned. am also ordering a few t shirts and Polos to replace some work gear and weekend stuff. Never mind paying for good gear, but getting good gear at a great price is fantastic IMHO :) You go out in the field, Or sit in the pub in your PANTS???

I wear 5.11 when away at work and have found you defo need a size bigger as I thought they where small. They are good though and seem to make something for all weathers. There are loads of similar makes that are good though.. Have a look at uk tactical or solo international

Sounds good.

Just one thing though, they're trousers.

These are pants....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0063DJS6U

Nial

Sounds good.

Just one thing though, they're trousers.

These are pants....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0063DJS6U

Nial

Disagree... what you have linked to are underpants... pants are pants, trousers, slacks, whatever you want to call them.. the manufacturers call them pants, the retailers call them pants, I have always referred to them as pants

Do a google search for 'pants' then hit images and see what comes up... dictionary definition of 'pants' is 1. trousers or 2. underpants

Edited by Vipa

5.11 is very good kit - designed a lot for US police and special forces as casual/undercover type stuff. Loads of the private security contractors in Iraq/Afghan wear it - all very `Gucci` apparently. A lot of the kit has concealed pockets and quickdraw zippers etc. I have the 3 in 1 jacket, had it about 5 years and still going strong. Got more hidden pockets than I can count. Not the cheapest but good quality kit never is.

If you want an alternative mail order supplier try www.polimil.co.uk They are currently doing a free 5.11 T-shirt when you spend over £60.

PS. They are called `pants` as it is a US brand and that's what they call them!

Edited by hedge