Buying a new gun

Flashgun

hiya, im on the verge of purchasing a second hand beretta gold e from avalon guns which is the other side of the country to me , i am not too happy about parting with my money without looking at the gun i have seen the pictures but its not like seeing and holding it is it. or do this happen all the time.

Avalon can be great but my advice would be either get it sent "on approval" to local RFD, ideally one with a facility to shoot the gun, or take the day to visit. They are right near a big outlet shopping centre in Street, take the missus and make a day of it!

I drove from Cardiff to Rugby to buy my 525 (twice!)

As its probably a 4 hour drive make aweekend of it and perhaps drop into http://www.greenfieldguns.com/used_shotguns.php on the way past. They have 2 on their website also.

Edited by HDAV

Avalon can be great but my advice would be either get it sent "on approval" to local RFD, ideally one with a facility to shoot the gun, or take the day to visit. They are right near a big outlet shopping centre in Street, take the missus and make a day of it!

I drove from Cardiff to Rugby to buy my 525 (twice!)

As its probably a 4 hour drive make aweekend of it and perhaps drop into http://www.greenfiel...ed_shotguns.php on the way past. They have 2 on their website also.

thanks i had look on there website but i am left handed , i am tempted to drive down to avalon but its about 5hours away i dont know if i fancy that.

thanks i had look on there website but i am left handed , i am tempted to drive down to avalon but its about 5hours away i dont know if i fancy that.

Ah, in that case be very very careful buying a a cast specific gun Avalon sold a right handed member here a cast on gun............... Give "the Gun shop Rugby" a call the owner is a left hander and they generally carry a few more Cast on guns than other dealers (hence why i went there for mine)

Ah, in that case be very very careful buying a a cast specific gun Avalon sold a right handed member here a cast on gun............... Give "the Gun shop Rugby" a call the owner is a left hander and they generally carry a few more Cast on guns than other dealers (hence why i went there for mine)

oh thats not good, the gun i am looking at has a left hand palm swell, so they tell me, if it hasnt if and when they deliver it i will send it straight back. i have been looking for a left hander one of these for ages so i hope it is okay. cheers.