Negative Posts About A Gun I Bought!

Elk hunter

As I'm in the prosess of building and targets on the way, I thought that just may be I should have an air rifle to try it out. So after trawling the web I found a BSA R10 in the box not extras just a gun. Now I wanted a rapid 7 but saw this and I like it just looks like the rapid just sexier. I bought it Saturday morning.

But after buying it I noticed there was a lot of negative feed back on other forums about the gun in question from pressure problems,accuracy and even fussy about pellets. So I was worried I'd bought a lemon.

So I put an old scope on went up the farm yesterday. Took 20 pellets to zero then a 6 shot group off the top of the van at 30 yards. All my worries have gone and well chuffed! Can't wait for the targets to arrive.

Andrew.

0db8317af615afafc9132dba45d2ee9f.jpg

792d66d8abbcee075a49ff7567dcb457.jpg

Lovely looking gun the r10, i have s10 in fac & would love to upgrade to r10 fac, Nice shooting that by the way. Youngest son has the new BSA ULTRA SE multi shot, with the new rear cocking & its grouping 10 from the mag practically pellet on pellet at 25yrs. Top guns are bsa

Edited by Davyo

I did not pay a lot for it. But then I did not haggle with the seller. Plus a Genuine reason for selling.

But I have to admit I bought it on looks not performance. It was only after buying it I looked for reveiws on the gun and got a little worried. Just need a new scope

Andrew

I wouldn't listen to everything you hear. When I was looking for a new gun not to long ago. I was told everything for hatsan are the best to daystate are rubbish and BSA haven't got a clue how to make a rifle. In the end I just went to the shop spoke to the guy selling them, then held a few and went back a couple of weeks and did the same. People have brands they love and hate and (as I found out) will defend them to the end lol nice to see grouping like that mind

I have a Super 10 bull barrel and it`s very accurate and has never given any problems.

The mags can be a bit of a pain but there is a vid on you tube on how to strip and de-burr them.

I did all 3 of my mags and what a difference they are a lot smoother and never miss cycle now.

There is a vid on how to charge the buddy bottle it saves your threads and 0 ring.

It just shows you how to discharge the gun before you remove the buddy bottle.

I just bought the new BSA Ultra SE and i'm very happy with it too,just goning to try some different pellets to see if it can shoot tighter groups,i'm getting 10 inside a 10p piece at 35 yrds,what pellets are you using in yours DAVYO?

Edited by retromlc

I did not pay a lot for it. But then I did not haggle with the seller. Plus a Genuine reason for selling.

But I have to admit I bought it on looks not performance. It was only after buying it I looked for reveiws on the gun and got a little worried. Just need a new scope

Andrew

It doesn't matter what gun you buy there will always be someone who has had problems, nothing wrong with the R10 in principle, and it owes more than a little to Theoben anyway, oh yes and to its Spanish masters.

Whats wrong with the scope...how much better group do you expect!? :lol::good:

I just bought the new BSA Ultra SE and i'm very happy with it too,just goning to try some different pellets to see if it can shoot tighter groups,i'm getting 10 inside a 10p piece at 35 yrds,what pellets are you using in yours DAVYO?

Bisley mags only as also use these on the S10 FAC,cut my teeth on air rifles,then moved away from them,Have the FAC air purely for places where the rimmys not safe. Since I got my son this new Ultra I can't put the ****** down.Always a place for air in my heart.Air rifle lads get too much greif in my opinon.l also believe they make the best stalkers.

Edited by Davyo

Bisley mags only as also use these on the S10 FAC,cut my teeth on air rifles,then moved away from them,Have the FAC air purely for places where the rimmys not safe. Since I got my son this new Ultra I can't put the ****** down.Always a place for air in my heart.Air rifle lads get too much greif in my opinon.l also believe they make the best stalkers.

only thing I would prefer is a 2 stage trigger like the one on my HW100,I can't feel when the shot will out.

As I'm in the prosess of building and targets on the way, I thought that just may be I should have an air rifle to try it out. So after trawling the web I found a BSA R10 in the box not extras just a gun. Now I wanted a rapid 7 but saw this and I like it just looks like the rapid just sexier. I bought it Saturday morning.

But after buying it I noticed there was a lot of negative feed back on other forums about the gun in question from pressure problems,accuracy and even fussy about pellets. So I was worried I'd bought a lemon.

So I put an old scope on went up the farm yesterday. Took 20 pellets to zero then a 6 shot group off the top of the van at 30 yards. All my worries have gone and well chuffed! Can't wait for the targets to arrive.

Andrew.

If it works what the heck, they did have a few issues but I agree if a gun can be sexy that's it

0db8317af615afafc9132dba45d2ee9f.jpg

792d66d8abbcee075a49ff7567dcb457.jpg

Lovely looking gun, ive been looking at them myself recently. The mk1 did get some negative reviews with some people getting various problems. But ive read nothing put positive things about the mk2 version. And it certainly is a very nice looking gun. If one comes up at the right price i`ll get one.