Sending ESS bitch to prof trainer - when and how much?

I have an ESS bitch born 5th September 201, so 6.5 months old and would like to be able to use her on my shoot one/stand one pheasnt syndicate later this year.

I would like some help with the following questions.

At what age should she be sent for training?

How long (on average) will the training take?

How much will it cost?

Many thanks

Andy

How longs a price of string.......

Depends on how quick the dog learns. Mine is 2 years old and was introduced to game for the first time this past season.

She still requires more experience and a bit of tidying up....

Why can't you do it?

Edited by chrispti

Age ideallg 10-14 months old coming in.

Takes 8-12 weeks depending on what the client wants.

Cost varies but account for £125-£150 per week to include all fees.

Things to look for:

Do they come recommended?

Are they insured? Professional indemnity and to cover vets fees etc

Are the kennels licensed to take and board dogs?

Sending a dog for training by a professional means they are doing it as a way of business, so they should be licensed to board by the local authority.

Mike

Ps not an advert. I am fully booked for residential training until Sept at least.

Depending on ur situ and reasons for sending ur dog to board at a pro kennel

U are probably better off going for a 1-1 lesson say every month or 2 with a pro trainer who can train u as much as train the dog. Possibly leading onto group training classes

Seen some very expensive pro trained dogs which are a ****ing useless, some off worst dogs i've ever seen are pro trained; because the owner doesn't know how to handle it and the dog quickly learns this, it could go back to th pro and behave beautifully almost instantly. Not the dogs or trainers fualt just a lack off respect for the owner from the dog

Where's the fun in getting a made dog?

agree with that one all the fun of the fair doin yyourself just dont forget to keep a calm head while trianing and if you ......sorry WHEN you start to loose with the little begger stop and start again the next day never try to do it when in a temper gains nothing

+1 on the above is not it all about the bond between the 2 if you don't know how to control the dog your just waisting you money and the dogs time why not get someone to teach you how to train your dog

i never ever had a " gundog" or trained one in my life but i went to a trainer with jess for 1-1 with MYdog [£25 hour] .

it feels all the better doing your self rather than getting an out of the packet ........