recomend me a winch please

viking

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The day" you need a Ground Anchor it'll be worth it's weight in Gold !!!

The military "Pin" type work fine & can easily be anchored by 1 person

The blade type like the D44 is almost impossible use alone but they're the best !!

If you are going for a miliary style try and get the hexagonal pins with an eye on the top, the advantage with these is you drive them into the ground then once finished put another pin through the top eye and turn it this way makes the hexagonal hole round and the pins come out very easily.

We had a fun daywith a mates bedford TK army lorry winching stuck low loaders out of a very wet rally field the big anchors are a 90 deg angle bar about 1 meter long with 3 pins on each side- the pins go in at least 2 ft and i think they can take about 30 ton pull in good land, if you have 3 and put them in a brids foot shape you can do about 120 tons so i have been told. bit over spec maybe for getting a landy out though.

how come i never saw them? the one for £120 is from keighley and thats 10 mile away. iv noticed in his other things for sale he has loads of pins for sale at £4.80 each, 8 of them is £40 iv also just seen a plate to match on ebay, £25 plus £12 postage, £85 all in. sounds good to me

well i put in, ground anchors, 4x4 anchors, and they didnt come up, iv emailed the bloke and asked if he will do the set for £100, if not ill go over tomorrow and but 8 spikes, and buy the plate off the other bloke on ebay.

cheers for the good find.

lee

Just picked up an old husky winch for £155 :) bargains galore :D

Will post up a pic so you can see the difference I was on about, these ones are just monsters! But they're probably 2/3rds the speed of the one you bought and weigh a lot more haha think its 51kg for this!

This is what I was on about when I said buy a good BIG second hand winch ;) however you do have to know what you're looking for!

On a side note, if you get a chance to test it let me know how that rope performs, don't want to use wire as its nasty when it snaps so if that ropes decent at the price I think I may be paying that shop a visit to buy some ;)

3E17DFF0-DCB9-46DE-9734-ADD2893C6E85-136

4C193BE1-1E5E-410B-9554-52A338B0CD00-136

D59BE7B8-89EC-4916-99FA-0333F36CC817-136

• 4 weeks later...