Getting none game eaters to like game

rocksaplenty

A few pointers I have used are:

In the Kitchen:

Bun a joss stick after gutting/ preparing meat

Make sure that there is no blood on the ceiling/walls after preparing meat :stupid:

Preparation

Briefly boil meat on the bone (about 10-15 mins) then remove meat from the bone and dice meat across the grain.

Try adding a bit of soya meat to game dishes - it enhances the flavour giving a more meaty taste and gives the dish a smoother taste. Lentils also work well.

Make extra sure that there is no shot in the meat by:

Rabbit: hold meat up to a strong light will often highlight missed shot.

For larger shot - briefly put the meat in a microwave any shot should arc (depends on the microwave).

SOYA........................................SOYA...................

Are you one of them people..........................

Getting people to eat game is about over coming their misconceptions.......................I regularly get orders for 10 rabbit pies at work.....................

SOYA........................................SOYA...................

Are you one of them people..........................

Getting people to eat game is about over coming their misconceptions.......................I regularly get orders for 10 rabbit pies at work.....................

It sounds strange, but it does work! --- just don't tell your mates :stupid:

Sounds wrong, but just don't tell them what it is :no:

Lad at work wouldn't have touched either rabbit or black pudding, gave him a slice of one of my pies and he loved it :P Problem is now I can't find any rabbits to shoot and he keeps asking for rabbits to make his own pies - typical :stupid:

i've been pretty lucky when it comes to converting non game meat eaters , i usually manage to convert them to the dark side by inviting them to a bbq , i then get them very drunk and tell them that they're eating rat kebabs , they always laugh and carry on eating and when the're finished and they're complimenting me on my delicious tasting kebabs :lol: i tell them what they really are , at that point they usually say "got any more" , i've even managed to convert a vegetarian in this manner , she was very anti fieldsports for many years but she sends the kids around now to see if i've got any spare pigeon breasts :lol: , she still claims to be a part time veggie but at our bbq on saturday night she ate , garlic rabbit kebabs , pigeon kebabs , venison flank in soy sauce kebabs , several chilli rabbit burgers and a more than her share of pheasent sausage , i'd like to say it's my fantastic cooking that converts them but i fear that alcohol plays a very big part in it :lol::lol:

i've been pretty lucky when it comes to converting non game meat eaters , i usually manage to convert them to the dark side by inviting them to a bbq , i then get them very drunk and tell them that they're eating rat kebabs , they always laugh and carry on eating and when the're finished and they're complimenting me on my delicious tasting kebabs :lol: i tell them what they really are , at that point they usually say "got any more" , i've even managed to convert a vegetarian in this manner , she was very anti fieldsports for many years but she sends the kids around now to see if i've got any spare pigeon breasts :lol: , she still claims to be a part time veggie but at our bbq on saturday night she ate , garlic rabbit kebabs , pigeon kebabs , venison flank in soy sauce kebabs , several chilli rabbit burgers and a more than her share of pheasent sausage , i'd like to say it's my fantastic cooking that converts them but i fear that alcohol plays a very big part in it :lol::lol:

Rat burgers,lol, are you serious?